Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 19th, 2024, 2:59am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Goatneck (Read 3827 times)
sstexex

rbent member

Goatneck
Jul 16th, 2007, 7:20am

Another good one.

http://www.thegoatneck.com/

July is a busy month for biking!

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Goatneck
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2007, 9:24pm

I unfortunately can't make the ride, being in Kentucky and all.  However, If anyone is in a position to do me a favor, I would dearly love a jersey and a pair of socks, if someone wouldn't mind picking a set up for me.  I'd buy you lunch on our next group ride for your trouble!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2007, 6:53pm

That was a GREAT ride today. sstexex,good to see you(even though I didn't get a chance to really talk with you much). Goatneck is a very solid ride(only behind the Tour de Paris-IMO) as far as ride quality.  

Great hills. Riding through the town of Glen Rose was the highlight for me.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2007, 9:23pm

"Great Hills"...  Grin Grin Grin  THAT's the spirit, Steve!!!!

Bud and I teased 40 mph going DOWN goatneck hill a couple weeks ago, and Greg and I went up it at about 10 the other direction...

If I remember the goatneck map correctly, the ~8 mile stretch of downhill that took you past Cleburne State Park and the lime plant is the section we have to climb UP at the start of every loop for the TTTT.

« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2007, 9:26pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2007, 9:48pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Jul 28th, 2007, 9:23pm:

Bud and I teased 40 mph going DOWN goatneck hill a couple weeks ago, and Greg and I went up it at about 10 the other direction...

If I remember the goatneck map correctly, the ~8 mile stretch of downhill that took you past Cleburne State Park and the lime plant is the section we have to climb UP at the start of every loop for the TTTT.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/flyinglazboy/TTTT%20Course/104_5050-1.jpg< /a>

Yep! I finished the 100k in 3 hrs.49 mins.09 secs-18.4 mph. I was very happy with that time conisdering the hills. I worked harder for the 18.4 mph avg,than the 18.9 mph avg in Paris the week before. >600 miles logged in July.  

My top speed today was 41.1mph(desent). My slowest speed was 9.0mph(climbing).  I know where the lime plant is. I wasn't sure where the TT course was located. Now I know.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2007, 8:27am

Quote from Strada177 on Jul 28th, 2007, 9:48pm:
Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Jul 28th, 2007, 9:23pm:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/flyinglazboy/TTTT%20Course/104_5050-1.jpg< /a>

Yep! I finished the 100k in 3 hrs.49 mins.09 secs-18.4 mph. I was very happy with that time conisdering the hills. I worked harder for the 18.4 mph avg,than the 18.9 mph avg in Paris the week before. >600 miles logged in July.

Correction...the ride was 69.85 miles(according to my computer),not the typical metric century distance.

My top speed today was 41.1mph(desent). My slowest speed was 9.0mph(climbing).  I know where the lime plant is. I wasn't sure where the TT course was located. Now I know.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
goldrushdave

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jul 29th, 2007, 10:40am

Did you guys get any rain.

I rode locally around Mesquite and we had light rain from 7:00 AM to around 10:00 AM.

Thanks for the info.

Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2007, 2:33pm

[quote author=goldrushdave link=1184588433/0#6 date=1185723613]Did you guys get any rain.

I rode locally around Mesquite and we had light rain from 7:00 AM to around 10:00 AM.

Thanks for the info.[/quote

Negative. No rain at the Goatneck(while I was on the route). I did run into a shower right after leaving Cleburne at about 12.45pm.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #8 - Jul 29th, 2007, 5:42pm

While y'all were heading in towards Cleburne for this ride, I left the house @ 6:30 for what turned out to be 1100 miles to Tucson via Round Rock.  Wished I could have done the Goatneck instead.  Couldn't bring the Corsa with me, though I do have at my disposal a 18 speed tandem.  I took it out for a 14 mile spin by myself today.  Had to make gear changes by hand for awhile till things loosened up.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I don't think my tush would agree.

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
sstexex

rbent member

Reply #9 - Jul 29th, 2007, 5:47pm

Quote from Strada177 on Jul 28th, 2007, 6:53pm:
That was a GREAT ride today. sstexex,good to see you(even though I didn't get a chance to really talk with you much). Goatneck is a very solid ride(only behind the Tour de Paris-IMO) as far as ride quality.  

Great hills. Riding through the town of Glen Rose was the highlight for me.

It was a good ride. We only did the 40 though, tryin to get my better half ready for her 1st ever 100k @ HHH.

Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #10 - Jul 29th, 2007, 6:26pm

I completely understand. You gotta walk before you can run.  The Stradas will be present at H'NH.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #11 - Aug 2nd, 2007, 9:51am

In preparation for TTTT, I rode the 10 mile race at Goatneck.  

10 miles
24 minutes flat
25mph avg speed

The Director said he believed it was a record for the 10 mile course. There were small rollers, but not as steep as when you get out closer to the TTTT course.  Never the less, I'm happy with my results.

Race results/pictures should be on the GOATNECK web soon.  I e-mailed Brad today and asked him when he'd get them posted.  I'm awaiting his response.

« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2007, 1:42pm by Bud_Bent »  

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #12 - Aug 2nd, 2007, 1:43pm

Quote from bikerteam on Aug 2nd, 2007, 9:51am:
In preparation for TTTT, I rode the 10 mile race at Goatneck.  

10 miles
24 minutes flat
25mph avg speed

The Director said he believed it was a record for the 10 mile course. There were small rollers, but not as steep as when you get out closer to the TTTT course.  Never the less, I'm happy with my results.

Race results/pictures should be on the GOATNECK web soon.  I e-mailed Brad today and asked him when he'd get them posted.  I'm awaiting his response.

Great job, Ray!

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #13 - Aug 4th, 2007, 4:33am

Did anyone see Mark Leuck on his silver Barron at Goat Neck?  He said he was going to ride it.  The Ol' Boy is getting bored with ruling White Rock lake and is branching out for other ride oppurtunities.

Terry

« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2007, 4:37am by MrOverdressed »  

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #14 - Aug 4th, 2007, 7:53am

I answered m own question when I found a photo of Mark here:
http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/slideshow.jsp?auto=0&aid=768a5498cf41140def b9