Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 21st, 2024, 7:49pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LSR Willow Park 400K 07/15/2007 (Read 491 times)
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

LSR Willow Park 400K 07/15/2007
Jul 15th, 2007, 12:56pm

Hi Folks,

I was reading the reports about the Peach Pedal and let me repeat the rave about the weather.  For July in Texas this was a pretty cool day, and it didn't rain!  Putting the fenders on the Corsa must have driven it off, but I'd rather have them and not use them Smiley.  I think 16 folks showed up, pretty much all the people going to PBP doing a shakedown of their setups for the 1200K.  On this brevet the controls are pretty spread out, usually 50-60 miles apart so I made some extra stops to refill water bottles, and have pitstops.  I said goodbye to the pack at the first of these in Granbury, and never saw the rest of the folks, except for George Evans the rest of the day.  They were flying anyway.  My goal was to finish under 20hrs, and once again I realized that for me I wasn't going slow, everyone else was just flying.  I went through 200K in 9:05 which is great for me, and I imagine the pack was a hour up on me at that point.  I managed just under 15 hours for the 300K.  George and I played cat and mouse depending on the number of hills or who got through the control sooner.  The last control was Lipan, and I got there at 2300, and George and I rolled out together and stuck together for safety reasons and the company.  We rolled into the finishing control at Whataburger in Willow Park at 0245 and enjoyed some hot taquitos.  So 19:45 making my goal, and taking over 3 hours off my previous 400K.  No idea when the pack finished but the folks at the last control said they were over an hour up.  This was a very nice route, with lots of climbing (around 9000'), and very low traffic.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print