Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 19th, 2024, 2:48am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
White Rock Lake Saturday 7/14/2007 (Read 591 times)
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

White Rock Lake Saturday 7/14/2007
Jul 12th, 2007, 3:54am

As some of you may know, several weeks ago I decided to promote bicycling among my friends and invited them to White Rock Lake.   This has unexpectedly become popular.  Six people have purchased new or used Hybrid bicycles to hang with the group.  I decided as long as they are willing, I would lead this ride.  

What I do is get to the Lake early (between 6:00am and 7:00am)  and do laps on my Baron with Mark Lueck.  The Hybrid gang shows up around 8:30AM.  I check their air pressure, brakes, and bicycle fit.  Then we do a lap around the lake around 9:00AM.  I either pedal my EZ Tandem,  or mosey-down my Baron

If anyone wants to me there early, let me know and I will commit to a time maybe 6:30AM???.   I usually and pedal the lake backward (counter clockwise) until I find Mark.  

I usally park at the RBENT picnic spot.  The Location is on the west side of the lake off on W. Lawther Dr Between Fisher and Bransfield.  There is no address marker posted, but the equivalent address is 3800 W. Lawther Dr.  To get there tell exit 75 Central on Northwest Hwy.  Head east about 2.5 miles on Northwest Hwy  to W. Lawther Drive.  Then turn right on W. Lawther Drive and go south about 2.4 miles.  Turn left into the parking lot.  There is plenty of Parking here.  Base camp will be on the west end of the lot under a huge Oak Tree.  Look for my Yellow Jeep Wrangler.  If you get lost or confused, call my cell at 469-853-4015  

Sincerely,
Terry  

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2007, 3:56am by MrOverdressed »  

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print