Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 30th, 2024, 11:57pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RUSA Populaire - 128K (Read 1037 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

RUSA Populaire - 128K
Apr 22nd, 2007, 8:05pm

Well, it was quite a strong wind in our faces when we set out from the Valero station in Duncaville.  We traveled into the burbs of Duncanville which were extremely beautiful, traveled to Waxahachie, which had a beautiful downtown and courthouse, and through the great unknown until we hit bardwell, about 40 miles out.  The wind was in our faces nearly the entire way there.

I decided to plan my ride and ride my plan today, so when the fast group kicked it up I just rode to stay ahead of the medium fast group.  I wasnt about to expend all my energy before the ride was half done.  Everyone else was strung out behind the two pacelines.  The two groups met at the turnaround point.  I felt great and decided to go with the fast group on the way back, although the fast group slintered up until there were only 4 ahead of me.  I kicked it up a notch and overtook two of them, and then caught up to Mark Metcalf and rode with him until control number 4.  Took off with the same 4, and we outpaced mark after a few miles.  I would have left 2 others in the dust, but unfortunately I didn't know the route and went the wrong way and had to turnaround.  I believe I ended up finishing 3rd, although two other guys will have the same time as me - 5h29min.

It was a great ride with a great bunch of riders - any sex jokes were exhanged, and a few moons (human) were displayed.  Everyone was inquisitive of my bike and amazed that I could pass them at will, attack and pass uphill, and so on. I had a lot of energy to put the screws to people this time around.  

There was a guy named ray on a bachetta aero, but he was pretty slow.  He may be a much better rider though, since he's had knee surgery sometimes in the recent past.  

Funniest question of the day "I just don't understand how you can ride that thing for such a long time and distance!."  To which I replied "I don't see how you can ride THAT thing for so long - I'm in a lawn chair - how's your butt feel!?"

I'm pretty sure my energy boost was due to a different nutrition protocol.  I had my usual egg mcmuffin for breakfast, along with 4 sportlegs and an endurolyte pill.  My water bladder is normally a mix of accellerade and cytomax, but this time I also added about 20grams of whey protein as well, and a little salt.

1st control - 1 endurolyte & chocolate milk

2nd control - 1 endurolyte, 3 sportlegs

3rd control - 1 fig bar

4th control, 3 endurolytes, diet red bull - energy for the finish!  I got razzed a lot for it being diet.

I'll post results once I know.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Re: RUSA Populaire - 128K
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2007, 9:03am

I'll bet there are some in that group this morning waking up and scratching there heads saying "recumbent!?!"

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: RUSA Populaire - 128K
Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2007, 5:48pm

Sounds like another good LSR ride. If I had just found out about my cancellation sooner, I could have joined you.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print