Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 14th, 2024, 10:15pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My Bike! (Read 5684 times)
Rose Pedals

rbent member

My Bike!
Mar 4th, 2007, 12:37pm

I love my EZ-1 bike!!!  Its the best bicycle i have ever owned!  I love it being so close to the ground...so when i have to make a sudden stop...since my legs are short...my feet can reach the ground quick enough to prevent me from crashing!  Am I the only one that feels this way??  Or is it just me...cause im short?

Rose

I'm not short; I'm aerodynamic!
  IP Logged
Hull 697

rbent member

Re: My Head!
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2007, 4:04am

Just want to see if the avatar picture shows up.  The photographer was new to the camera, hence more scenery and less of me.  That's my story anyway.

In-Line Wheelchair Rider

Charlie
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: My Head!
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2007, 9:00am

Quote from Hull 697 on Mar 5th, 2007, 4:04am:
Just want to see if the avatar picture shows up.  The photographer was new to the camera, hence more scenery and less of me.  That's my story anyway.

Nice looking avatar. You should have claimed you were moving so fast the camera couldn't quite catch up......LOL. What lake is that in the background?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: My Bike!
Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2007, 11:21am

I like my EZ as well and I look forward to riding with you and Bud on future rides.  Missed you on Saturday.--Dianna

IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2007, 11:43am

Quote from diannalightning on Mar 5th, 2007, 11:21am:
I like my EZ as well and I look forward to riding with you and Bud on future rides.  Missed you on Saturday.--Dianna

Hi Dianna. Paul was spreading a rumor that the next ride might be on a Sunday afternoon, so maybe we can get Rose to join us on that one. As cool as it was Saturday though, I doubt we could have gotten her to ride even if she hadn't been working.....LOL.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2007, 9:03pm

Quote from diannalightning on Mar 5th, 2007, 11:21am:
I like my EZ as well and I look forward to riding with you and Bud on future rides. Missed you on Saturday.--Dianna

I work on Saturday's...maybe some Sunday...we can do a group ride.  Look forward to meeting u as well.
Rose

Rose

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #6 - Mar 7th, 2007, 4:18pm

Quote from EZ-Rose on Mar 4th, 2007, 12:37pm:
... when i have to make a sudden stop...since my legs are short...my feet can reach the ground quick enough to prevent me from crashing!  Am I the only one that feels this way??  Or is it just me...cause im short?

Yes, you're short...    Cheesy  oh, sorry, that wasn't the question!!!   embarrassed

But you're right about being able to put your feet down, at least at speeds under 15 or so.  A DF co-rider asked me during a ride, "What happens when you touch wheels with someone in front of you?  Do you wobble and go down like we do?"  I replied, "I don't know, it's never happened yet..."

Sure enough, it happened later on that same ride...  and I found out that I brake hard, reflexively unclip, and put my feet down...

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2007, 10:31pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Mar 7th, 2007, 4:18pm:
... when i have to make a sudden stop...since my legs are short...my feet can reach the ground quick enough to prevent me from crashing!  Am I the only one that feels this way??  Or is it just me...cause im short?

Yes, you're short...    Cheesy  oh, sorry, that wasn't the question!!!   embarrassed

But you're right about being able to put your feet down, at least at speeds under 15 or so.  A DF co-rider asked me during a ride, "What happens when you touch wheels with someone in front of you?  Do you wobble and go down like we do?"  I replied, "I don't know, it's never happened yet..."

Sure enough, it happened later on that same ride...  and I found out that I brake hard, reflexively unclip, and put my feet down...

Paul

Oh i forgot...im not short...Bud says I am...."Medium Short"! Grin  Although ..after my crash couple yrs ago on my" has been "...was brand new Trek Bike...flying over the handle bars was not fun.  Took me a while...to even get brave enough..and to get over my fear of crashing again.  Bud really wanted me to get back on a bike..and I really enjoyed our time together riding.  He convinced me that being on a recumbent bike I would feel more safe and confortable.  And ..yes..he was right!  It's been 2 yrs since I have not crashed...Thanks to my "Bud"...and the man upstairs!

« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007, 11:27am by Bud_Bent »  

Rose

IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2007, 11:37am

Quote from EZ-Rose on Mar 7th, 2007, 10:31pm:
Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Mar 7th, 2007, 4:18pm:

Paul

Oh i forgot...im not short...Bud says I am...."Medium Short"! Grin  Although ..after my crash couple yrs ago on my" has been "...was brand new Trek Bike...flying over the handle bars was not fun.  Took me a while...to even get brave enough..and to get over my fear of crashing again.  Bud really wanted me to get back on a bike..and I really enjoyed our time together riding.  He convinced me that being on a recumbent bike I would feel more safe and confortable.  And ..yes..he was right!  It's been 2 yrs since I have not crashed...Thanks to my "Bud"...and the man upstairs!

I understand the fear of getting back on the bike I fell 25Ft off a cliff and have permanent Back injury I don't like getting to close to anything like a cliff or some were I could fall like that and cars make me a little nervous now unless we are in a group but riding is in my blood and I think it has helped me rehab back into better shape so what can hurt you can also help you so lets keep riding and be safe too  
Eddie

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Mar 29th, 2007, 5:03pm

Oh dear!! THose Dinky EZ  Wheels!

TErry

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #10 - Mar 30th, 2007, 9:18am

Rose,

Height is relative. I too like to be able to easily put my feet on the ground. Smiley

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/03/1093939117802.html?from=storylhs  Shocked

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #11 - Mar 31st, 2007, 11:06pm

Quote from terranimo on Mar 29th, 2007, 5:03pm:
Oh dear!! THose Dinky EZ Wheels!

TErry

They are so perfect...I feel as they were made just for me! Smiley

Rose

IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2007, 11:10pm

Quote from Richard on Mar 30th, 2007, 9:18am:
Rose,

Height is relative. I too like to be able to easily put my feet on the ground. Smiley

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/03/1093939117802.html?from=storylhs Shocked

Gotta give Bud credit, after all he did talk me into riding a recumbent bicycle.   Smiley

Rose

IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #13 - Apr 2nd, 2007, 3:47pm

Rose Bud?   Sounds like something found in a Garden.   Grin

Terry

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #14 - Apr 4th, 2007, 1:48pm

Quote from terranimo on Apr 2nd, 2007, 3:47pm:
Rose Bud?
Terry

Citizen Kane!

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print