Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 18th, 2024, 11:03pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Superdrome in Frisco no more! (Read 1988 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Superdrome in Frisco no more!
Feb 18th, 2018, 6:33am

I guess the upwrong crowd had rather let the Superdrome close than allow recumbents and other kinds of bikes. They must feel real proud of their arrogance now. I tried a couple of years ago to get them to let me use my recumbent. No, it is unsafe. No, you are full of crap and arrogant. I also tried to get them to let us hold a HPV series race. I could have rented the Dallas Cowboys domed stadium for the rent they wanted. And once I told them it was for recumbents, they just laughed at me. So sad. They needed money badly and always wanted donations, but were too arrogant to allow recumbents. So now the local college is using it for new buildings.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Re: Superdrome in Frisco no more!
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2018, 5:37pm

I had the same experience. Went by just to see the thing. WOW! It took about two minutes of some snobbish lady talking me down off of my high to make me never want to see the place again. She told me that I couldn't do it on a recumbent--physically impossible. First of all, to stay up above the line you have to be going 18mph. I can do that, says I. Your pedals would hit the surface--your bottom bracket is too low, says she. Actually, it is much higher than on an upright, says I. You just can't,says she. Are you the manager of this thing, inquires I. No, but if you want to wait around for a couple of hours he will be here, says she as she spins on her Prada heels and walks away to sip her tai chi, or chai tea or whatever them folks sip on.

Hey, I much prefer white rock or the veloway down in Austin.

« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2018, 5:39pm by reever »  

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2018, 8:18pm

I will have to check out the Veloway when I get down to Austin.

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2018, 3:03am

I had that same lady (its got to be the same) deny recumbents were ever on the track .

Yeah about that .. I've got a WFAA video of the report from setting the hour record on that track ..  

Arrogant idiot fools allowed a perfectly good track to be a loss for all of us ..  its going to be a parking lot .. not even a building ..  I can't feel anything but anger around this ..  

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2018, 6:19am

They are some kind of fools. Yes, a parking lot. So sad. That is what happens though with an elitist attitude.  

Speedy, Steve Delaire, said your Coyote was the most unique bike he ever built. He said you were very fast on it. Too bad he had to get out of the bike building business. I would have loved to see you flying around the track.

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2018, 11:04pm

Same. I tried to get a race going there. Had funding, insurance, everything. Turned down cold.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2018, 11:31pm

It was quite easy to hit 50mph+  on that track in that bike ..       in a sprint I could run it up to 60+ on the track; especially coming off one of the banks --  On the street mid 40s were possible ..  I still have that bike, and all the shells we made for it .     I am just now at the weight limit we'd set for it.  I will probably get it out again this summer and get it back into riding condition .. then go do something with it before I'm too old and broken to do it any good ..   I had  kind of hoped to go after the HPRA hour or 24 on the track again .. thats what started my conversation with the idiots at the superdrome ..  needless to say the rest as history  

Quote from jrob_bent on Feb 21st, 2018, 6:19am:
They are some kind of fools. Yes, a parking lot. So sad. That is what happens though with an elitist attitude.

Speedy, Steve Delaire, said your Coyote was the most unique bike he ever built. He said you were very fast on it. Too bad he had to get out of the bike building business. I would have loved to see you flying around the track.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2018, 8:00am

I would love to see you and that beauty out again. Makes me feel kind of tingly just thinking about that kind of speed! I need a very steep hill to get that fast! It would be very cool if you did get the records. I would be happy to assist in whatever way I could.  

I bought the NoCom for one reason, I am going after the 200m and kilo masters records. I am giving myself until July 2020 at the Northbrook Velodrome in Chicago at the HPV race. I know one thing, the people who drew up the masters class were in their 40's. Grouping everyone over 51 in that class is just silly. Even the time trials have age brackets. I will be almost 68 when I really try for the record. With that being said, I am trying for them at Northbrook and Nashville this year. I doubt I will do it though, only 2 days of training since October.  

Now off to try and get the NoCom to fit my short legs!

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print