Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 29th, 2024, 9:58am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New to me Nocom! (Read 7477 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

New to me Nocom!
Feb 11th, 2018, 8:57pm

A new to me Nocom will be mine in a few days! Yahoo. Warren Beauchamp, owner of Recumbents.com, is selling and shipping his to me. Warren has spent the past ten years updating and fine tuning the bike. Yahoo, I can't wait. Here is a link to a picture of it http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom/nocomside.jpg .

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: New to me Nocom!
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2018, 8:47am

Dude, no way! Been lusting after one of those for years. Congratulations!

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2018, 5:41pm

Thanks Jay. Yes, I too have been trying but someone always beat me to them. Not this time. Now maybe I can keep up with you on that Aero trike! I hope I can get acclimated enough to it by the 17th of March for the Dallas Senior Games.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2018, 9:46am

It is being shipped today. Yippie! It will be warm enough next week to bring to WRL. Too bad I am in such bad shape. I don't want to push it too hard anyway until I really get use to it. But then again... Smiley

« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2018, 9:46am by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2018, 11:37am

Quote from jrob_bent on Feb 13th, 2018, 9:46am:
It is being shipped today. Yippie! It will be warm enough next week to bring to WRL. Too bad I am in such bad shape. I don't want to push it too hard anyway until I really get use to it. But then again... Smiley

Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2018, 1:17pm

I might let you try it out Jay. I feel like waiting on Ketchup to come out of the bottle! Ha. Anticipation. I sure wish it would hurry and get here.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2018, 7:07pm

Dang, I feel like a new bottle of ketchup! He had to use two boxes and build a wooden box around it to ship it. Maybe he can get it done and shipped by Friday. I should get it by next Tuesday. If the weather is nice next Thursday, I might bring it to WRL. Don't laugh too hard if it appears slow Jay. I am in terrible riding shape.  

I still can not believe I am an owner of a NoCom.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2018, 4:15pm

My Nocom is on the way. Yippie!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2018, 4:15pm by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2018, 8:18pm

I have always wondered about those. Might have to come and see that for myself. Looks really fast.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
square_corners
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2018, 9:45pm

Just checked the photo - WOW! That is awesome - my velo won't stand a chance!

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #10 - Feb 15th, 2018, 10:12pm

I'll be bringing it to WRL soon. I wanted to bring it next Thursday, but if they are still calling for rain, it will be another day.

Daniel I am a slow old man. I just hope I have the power to keep it upright.  

Warren had trouble getting it all to fit in two boxes, but has it boxed now. He will ship tomorrow at noon. Two day shipping. I have waited a couple of years, a few more days wont...hopefully...kill me.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - Feb 17th, 2018, 7:09pm

The NoCom will be at the Ft. Worth Stockyard distribution center around 11 pm tonight.  Smiley I have to put the boom back in, rear derailleur hangers, rear wheel, chain, and a couple other smaller items. I'll get it all adjusted and fit for me. I know I will have to shorten the chain as Warren is around 6'-5" and I am 5'-10".  

If I get it Monday and it is not raining Thursday, I'll be coming to WRL. I'll spend Tuesday and Wednesday getting to know the sweet girl! I want to make sure I can ride it well before appearing in public.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #12 - Feb 17th, 2018, 9:27pm

Dibs!!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #13 - Feb 18th, 2018, 5:33am

Quote from aikigreg on Feb 17th, 2018, 9:27pm:
Dibs!!

Good to see you are posting again Greg. I hope you get to ride more this year. Come on over to WRL and try out the NoCom. Or I can come over to Benbrook again.  

I will be going to Texas Motor Speedway a couple of times in the next 2 weeks to get use to riding the NoCom there, getting ready for the 17th. I am not really in good enough shape to do the 5k, 10k, and 20k, but I'll try. They have let the road deteriorate pretty bad.  

Do you still have the velomobile? M5CHR?

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #14 - Feb 19th, 2018, 10:59am

Screw FedEx! I called and ask them if I could pickup my package today since they were not going to deliver it until tomorrow. The guy on the phone said sure, no problem. So I requested it be held at the local Center for me to pickup. After he made the change, he told me it would be ready for pickup for pickup tomorrow after 5pm. What! I said now way, just have it delivered to the original home address. So sorry, once it has been tagged to hold, it can not be undone. Go F#@$ yourself FedEx. I will never ever use FedEx again. And some dumbass politicians want to replace the USPS with these money hungry idiots, no way. End of pissed off rant!

Oh yeah, I forgot. My package sat 98 miles from here for 16 hours before it was shipped out for Ft. Worth. Two day delivery has turned into 5 day delivery! A$@wipes! Now end of rant for real.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print