Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 16th, 2024, 11:59am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DMN Velomobile sighting (Read 1711 times)
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

DMN Velomobile sighting
Nov 8th, 2017, 5:07pm

According to facebook, there's a picture of me in the metro section of Sundays DMN from the Dallas Bike Ride ..    Unfortunately, I'm out of the country and I long quit having pet birds so  I do not have easy access to the paper or a use for a subscription to it  until now.   SO --- If any of you RBENT'ers can look to see if you can find it I'd be much appreciative of latching ahold of a copy.

Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: DMN Velomobile sighting
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2017, 7:43pm

Quote from MrWizard on Nov 8th, 2017, 5:07pm:
According to facebook, there's a picture of me in the metro section of Sundays DMN from the Dallas Bike Ride ..    Unfortunately, I'm out of the country and I long quit having pet birds so  I do not have easy access to the paper or a use for a subscription to it  until now.   SO --- If any of you RBENT'ers can look to see if you can find it I'd be much appreciative of latching ahold of a copy.

Thanks!

Doug, I searched through all 144 pages of Sunday's DMN, and found nothing related to the Dallas Bike Ride. Did the same for the Monday DMN and found nothing. Used the "Search" feature to locate any articles related to the "Dallas Bike Ride" in 11/5/17 thru 11/8/17 editions, and nothing came up. Strange. Can't believe there was no coverage.  

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2017, 8:27pm

I found coverage online, but no pictures or anything ..

The comment about being in the paper is at the bottom of this album .. but the author hasn't responded to my DM asking for more specifics.  appreciate you looking for me ..

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010644637357&sk=photos&collec tion_token=100010644637357%3A2305272732%3A69&set=a.501146936916790.1073741845.100010644637357&type=3

Quote from jayg on Nov 8th, 2017, 7:43pm:
Quote from MrWizard on Nov 8th, 2017, 5:07pm:

Thanks!

Doug, I searched through all 144 pages of Sunday's DMN, and found nothing related to the Dallas Bike Ride. Did the same for the Monday DMN and found nothing. Used the "Search" feature to locate any articles related to the "Dallas Bike Ride" in 11/5/17 thru 11/8/17 editions, and nothing came up. Strange. Can't believe there was no coverage.

« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2017, 8:29pm by MrWizard »  
Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2017, 10:53am

Well I could not find it online but it was in print in the metro section I believe on Tuesday.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2017, 4:29pm

Quote from johnnybent on Nov 9th, 2017, 10:53am:
Well I could not find it online but it was in print in the metro section I believe on Tuesday.

OK, I found it on Page 2 of the "Metro & State" section of the 11/07/17 (Tuesday) edition of the DMN. It's on Page 14 of 56 of the electronic version of the paper. Don't know why I couldn't find it the other day when I did a search of the electronic version archives. Did a trial search today, and located the photos.

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2017, 8:51pm

Thanks Jay  & Johnnybent   I was able to track down a copy ..   For a long conversation with the reporter they did cut a lot out .. especially the bit about "Riding" down from murphy to attend  

Quote from jayg on Nov 9th, 2017, 4:29pm:
Quote from johnnybent on Nov 9th, 2017, 10:53am:

OK, I found it on Page 2 of the "Metro & State" section of the 11/07/17 (Tuesday) edition of the DMN. It's on Page 14 of 56 of the electronic version of the paper. Don't know why I couldn't find it the other day when I did a search of the electronic version archives. Did a trial search today, and located the photos.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print