Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:17pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New recumbent shop in DFW area? (Read 7812 times)
esbee

rbent member

New recumbent shop in DFW area?
Oct 26th, 2017, 7:39pm

Good news for all the bent folks in N TX…Mike from Easy Street in Austin wants to open a recumbent shop in DFW area…I had a wonderful time working with him and Rebecca as they helped with the recumbent rally in paris tx, (which I hope they will do again.)   more info below

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/esrnorthtx-bicycle#/
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

susan in paris  

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: New recumbent shop in DFW area?
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2017, 9:19pm

So, he's coming all the way up to NTX to open in Ft. Worth?  Why?  Is the cycling culture larger there than here?  John's Trikes & Bikes is still easier to hit than for me to go all the way to the Longhorn side.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2017, 9:42pm

Previously he had talked about North Richland Hills, is this still the target?  Sure hope as the location he last mentioned to me is a 15 minute ride from my house and Right on the cotton belt trail.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2017, 7:01am

+1 for North Richland Hills. My new house is less than a mile from the Cotton Belt Trail.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2017, 7:19pm

Smiley Smiley  I'm like TOTALLY stoked Cheesy It's would be easier for me to visit the Austin location than Lancaster  Smiley -  And on a main paved trail that I normally ride in GREAT Smiley for me cause I do not DRIVE  
David

« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2017, 7:49pm by Cheve11e »  
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2017, 5:21pm

Where about are you located David? Maybe we can get together for a ride. I take Smithfield road to Starnes Rd to the John Barfield Trl to the Cotton Belt Trl.  

Jerry

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2017, 5:22pm by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2017, 8:24pm

He mentions being near a trail, but also Ft Worth - so it could be near the Trinity, or the Cotton Belt.  Interesting...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2017, 7:45pm

Smiley $9650.00 and 11 backers at this point with a month to go - hope & praying for a slam dunk  Smiley it will be so SWEAT tp actually have a 'GOOD' recumbent trike shop that I actually can ride to, I don't drive any longer  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2017, 11:54pm

Quote from Cheve11e on Nov 10th, 2017, 7:45pm:
Smiley $9650.00 and 11 backers at this point with a month to go - hope & praying for a slam dunk  Smiley it will be so SWEAT tp actually have a 'GOOD' recumbent trike shop that I actually can ride to, I don't drive any longer  Smiley
A name resembling Chevelle and you don't drive any longer?!  You name brings back memories of me in my teens.  Across the street was this 1972, dark green Chevelle.  That bad boy was bee-yew-tee-ful, and it sounded nasty.  It was the first car I believed I could buy.  

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2017, 11:54pm by Action Lad »  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2017, 1:24pm

I owned a blue '72, paid 3500 for it.  Now back to the new shop. Question one....where to put it. DFW is growing and traffic sucks no matter where you are now. Richland Hills is the center of this mess and has a successful bike shop there. Two, having good employees that know their stuff and stay is hard. Inventory costs $$$$$, I like to buy local as much as I can but the computer has become my friend. Simple stuff like tires and tubes are staples we cant always get locally and having an broad range of bikes to meet the needs of the budget rider to the weight weenie. Rent. Hope he can locate a location that is reasonable.  There's a lot of stuff to think about. I hope he can pull it off for the long term and be successful, it's a lot of hard work.

Email   IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Reply #10 - Nov 11th, 2017, 7:06pm

Yeah, well ... not many actually see/uderstand the 'CHEVE11E'  Smiley, back in my younger years I owned way to many of them ( started withe a Copper 69 Malibu that I totally rebuilt & painted RED, I lived in MN so I had 'winter-beaters' as well.  And ended with a 76 Malibu Laguna S3 - not really a Chevelle, but ... the dark green 70 was the nicest one I had.  None were fire Breathing BB, way to heavy a motor for any kind of handling in that car, and always hated an El Camino (Ell Chevelle)but that never happened Smiley Smiley  Because of a neurological disorder  that affect my balance and coordination I now RIDE a GreenSpeed GT5, much better MPG than any CHEVELLE I ever had. God has BLESSED me with a very slow  progression (actually the LACK of it), I have many k's of miles and I think the bushing in the steering are to blame for the constant changing toe-in/out, so now I'm looking for a newer ride.  Even though I love the looks of the VTX, big drive wheel trikes don't thill me at all - and I kind of grown accustom to the tight turning of the GT.  Somebody told me that the NSR steering of the series ll GT's were better and I'm thinking that a X5 may have even better self centering  - so I've kind of been looking for a lightly used one.  Ive rabbled to much Wink Wink All to say that I can hardly wait for EasyStreet and there tike hope to get ROLLEN, maybe they will get to be a GS dealer, again ????

« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2017, 5:02pm by Cheve11e »  
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #11 - Nov 17th, 2017, 8:34am

John's is a Greenspeed dealer already...   Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #12 - Dec 4th, 2017, 6:05pm

ITS OFFICIAL

Easy Street will open in North Richland Hills in March according to the email Mike sent out today.  Still no address but says it is on the trail, literally on the trail and shop rides will be done from the shop.  

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #13 - Dec 5th, 2017, 9:27am

I just wonder if it is close to Smithfield Road? It is right at Davis and Smithfield, right next to the Cotton Belt Trail, where they are clearing a lot with a sign that says coming soon and the rest of the sign is broken off. That is 1 mile from my house. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #14 - Dec 5th, 2017, 11:20am

Quote from jrob_bent on Dec 5th, 2017, 9:27am:
I just wonder if it is close to Smithfield Road? It is right at Davis and Smithfield, right next to the Cotton Belt Trail, where they are clearing a lot with a sign that says coming soon and the rest of the sign is broken off. That is 1 mile from my house. I guess I will have to wait and see.

I don’t know for a fact but suspect it’s on Carlisle ct which is almost at the southern end of the trail. I know they had looked at space there once before and it’s still vacant and is literally 50’ or less off the trail.  For those who attended the ride they hosted last year, this is the area I am thinking.  

I understand Micah will be in NRH tonight for a Christmas light ride at 7pm starting at the Roots Coffee House, he may share the site with you if you can make it.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print