Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:42am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Series l GreenSpeed GT's steering VS x5 (Read 1891 times)
Cheve11e

rbent member

Series l GreenSpeed GT's steering VS x5
Oct 11th, 2017, 11:01am

I'm looking to update my older GT5, and have NOT had a good seat time on the x5 but I 'THINK' is has a better self-centering - ANY thoughts?
Thanks

Email   IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Re: Series l GreenSpeed GT's steering VS x5
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2017, 4:10pm

I test rode a few new trikes at John's a few dsys ago, man the Aero in LOW (to low for everyday commuting that I do).  The GT26 on the other hand didn't give me the confidence to corner fast at all and the square frame is just ... simple looking.  I did like the 'self-centering' that the Catrikes had, but their turning circle is way big.  I did not ride an ICE Sprint 20/20, Im assuming that I would like it (all but it's turrning circle).  Is there a way to modify ICE to let it turn sharper? Smiley

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2017, 4:21pm

Based upon my riding of various models over the past few weekends at John's, the Catrike "direct steer" turning circle is a lot smaller than ICE with indirect steering...  and the Greenspeeds seem to have even smaller turning radius, due to the higher camber (inner tilt) of the wheels.  I doubt you could do much to change the ICE...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2017, 5:49pm

Smiley Smiley Bummer!  do you understand or know why Catrikes have better 'self centering'?

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print