Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:03am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First Ride on a Cruzbike (Read 807 times)
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

First Ride on a Cruzbike
Oct 10th, 2017, 11:22pm

just got back from the RCC in Philadelphia where I had my first opportunity to ride a Cruzbike. It was quite fun and not nearly so difficult as I thought it might be. I didn't attempt either of their more extreme bikes AND  I had a primo instructor, Jim Parker. Made it around the test area with little difficulty. The Parkers are really terrific folks and I hope to own one of their bikes at some point in the not-to-distant future.

IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Re: First Ride on a Cruzbike
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2017, 4:41pm

Quote from Patti on Oct 10th, 2017, 11:22pm:
just got back from the RCC in Philadelphia where I had my first opportunity to ride a Cruzbike. It was quite fun and not nearly so difficult as I thought it might be. I didn't attempt either of their more extreme bikes AND  I had a primo instructor, Jim Parker. Made it around the test area with little difficulty. The Parkers are really terrific folks and I hope to own one of their bikes at some point in the not-to-distant future.

Just buy one Patti.  I took the plunge and now have about 250 miles on my Blue V.  The learning curve isn’t nearly as difficult as the folks on some forums make it out to be.  I met Jim and Marie at the TTT after ordering mine and they were extremely friendly and shared tons of information with me.  I followed the new rider tips on the their forum and was up and riding in no time.  I am doing comparisons to my CA2 activities and thus far find them quite interesting.  My overall speeds are very comparable at this point with me being somewhat faster on the flats and descents while lacking in my climbing thus far.  Remember I only have 250 miles on the bike and had about 18,000 on the CA2 so my comfort levels are not yet comparable.  

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print