Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 24th, 2024, 6:40pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GreenSpeed King-pin bushings (Read 1735 times)
Cheve11e

rbent member

GreenSpeed King-pin bushings
Sep 27th, 2017, 9:24pm

Smiley I have been setting, only to re-set,then re-set again  Smiley the Alinement (Toe-in) on my GS GT5.  And now when I adjust the front wheels king-pin joint so its 'just right' so I can once again do an alinement the steering becomes way stiff the more off center it goes (either direction).  I have put MANY, MANY, MANY K's of hard miles on it - replaced the center steering hub, complete drive a couple of times, wheel bearings, and even though the center hub and linkages probable could use replacing again - I don't think they are causing 'all' of this trouble.  I "think" I ran across somebody somewhere having their bushings replace with an actual bearing ???? But I don't know - can't remember/find anything about it.  Any help/knowledge about doing/having it done would be really GREAT - Thank you aLL  Smiley
DAVID

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: GreenSpeed King-pin bushings
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2017, 9:45pm

If you have to give up on doing the work yourself, the authorized GS dealer for this area is John's Trikes and Bikes in Lancaster.

Email   IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2017, 9:13am

Smiley yepper, I'm looking for information on how to do this, to see "IF' it is something I would like to attempt myself - my trike is my only transportation And I use it for so much more than just that ... Anyhow, taking it in is is an option that I rather NOT need to do, yet!  I'm disabled, but still like to DYI when I can - keeps me active in this life  Smiley. But Thanks, John may see me after all

Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2017, 8:43am

David, take some good photos and email them to Ian Simms at Greenspeed, along with the description of the problems you are having. He can advise you on what might work best for your trike.

IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2017, 10:14am

Thanks Patti Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2017, 3:54pm

Quote from Cheve11e on Sep 28th, 2017, 9:13am:
Smiley yepper, I'm looking for information on how to do this, to see "IF' it is something I would like to attempt myself - my trike is my only transportation And I use it for so much more than just that ... Anyhow, taking it in is is an option that I rather NOT need to do, yet!  I'm disabled, but still like to DYI when I can - keeps me active in this life  Smiley. But Thanks, John may see me after all

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print