Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 18th, 2024, 1:57pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Greenville Cotton Patch  -- Sat. Sept 16th (Read 902 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Greenville Cotton Patch  -- Sat. Sept 16th
Sep 11th, 2017, 10:16am

I think I'm going to go over to Greenville this Saturday, for the Cotton Patch...   $30 registration

http://www.cottonpatchchallenge.com/

8 a.m. start from the Hunt County Courthouse Square at 2507 Lee Street.

12, 21, 35, 46, 61 and 74 miles

61 and 74 miles routes cross Lake Tawakoni on the smooth new 4 lane concrete “Two Mile Bridge” with picturesque vistas

Special activities taking place during the ride:

Ain't Just Pie will open for breakfast at 6 AM just two blocks from registration at 2205 Lee St.
Park Street Community will cheer on riders as they leave Greenville at beginning of the event.
Corner marshals with bright orange flags will man the major turns on the routes.
Loud music, cookies and cheering volunteers will be on hand at each rest stop.  
Paris Jr. College students will give bottled water to riders on “Bowman’s Mountain” (large hill on Hwy 69 about 2 miles from Lone Oak) from 8:20 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. across from the TxDOT wayside rest area.  
Landon Winery will be serving complimentary wine samples at the Cullen Ranch rest stop (FM 2101 @ FM 2947) from 10 am to 1 p.m.
The YMCA's American Girls Club will cheer on participants as they finish the ride.
PJC students will serve free fruit smoothies on the SE corner of the courthouse at the courses end

Sadowski is in their promo video from last year...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Dennis

rbent member

Re: Greenville Cotton Patch  -- Sat. Sept 16th
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2017, 5:41pm

I enjoyed items from both ice cream and brownie vendors after the ride last year.   No waiting for the ice cream to be made involved. Smiley

I hope to manage 46m,   though after a 3 weeks of barely hitting 30's  I may be expecting a bit much.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print