Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 25th, 2024, 11:21am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
low tech technical seat (Read 1497 times)
esbee

rbent member

low tech technical seat
Aug 10th, 2017, 9:10pm

Finally got my new rover adjusted and the proof is in the riding. Went around my neighborhood several times with ease and comfort.  I had not been able to ride the trike due to the length of boom too long for my legs and the normal seat that comes with the rover  is those bent bars with a web seating in between the bars—the bars were pressing against my  hip replacements and sciatic nerve on one side causing pain, problems and weakness in that leg.  
I went to  a local bike shop that just opened up in Paris, TX Gear Down Bikes, and even though he is new to recumbents,  Stan, the owner, did a fantastic job. He took his time and went over all the adjustments (chain, seat moved, boom shortened,  and many other things.)

I made the seat from 1/4” plywood with foam rubber covered with upholstery material.   It is held on to the bars with self-stick Velcro.   It works great, the seat bars no longer  touch  the area my thigh and even though the seat is a little hard, I may redo it with a foam rubber that is denser.  YAAAAAY! THANKS, STAN!  
 I have fotos of the new seat but not sure how to post them.  

susan in paris

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Re: low tech technical seat
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2017, 6:02pm

here is where you can see fotos of the trike and new seat on FB---scroll down

https://www.facebook.com/The-Eiffel-Benders-1921151354815014/  

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2017, 12:42pm

Wow, plywood and foam rubber...  Hey, but if it makes your riding work, fabulous!!!!     Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2017, 9:06pm

The zig zag stripes are a little too...too...much for me  Smiley Smiley,  but good on ya for coming up with a solution to the problems you were having.  

Isn't it fun to get out and motor along under your own power? It brings out the inner child in me every time.

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print