Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:28pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new rover owner ME ME ME (Read 477 times)
esbee

rbent member

new rover owner ME ME ME
Jul 26th, 2017, 7:59pm

NEW ROVER from the recumbent rally in paris tx from easy street ... I indulged...sold several saddle stands all at once and made enough to pay for half of a rover. got schlumpf drive and wider hander bars because we thought it would be for my husband but Mike adjusted his sun trike and steve said it felt perfect for the first time in years. what I really need is the wider seat due to the seat bars pressing on my hip where the incisions were made for the new hip...I am going numb for the first time ever. but it is a learning curve. we keep pushing the seat forward by inches which means undoing all the nuts and bolts that hold the back  fender and basket on. my legs are still mostly straight at the furtherest extension when pedaling.  Smiley
susan in paris

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Re: new rover owner ME ME ME
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2017, 7:15am

HI susan,
That schlumpf is really good, I've got one on my QV..    After about 3k miles I've learned that those buttons will pop off .   Its likely worth ordering a spare set and the tool to replace them (it takes a 1.5mm long stem allen key and a special tool)  

http://www.utahtrikes.com/PROD-329.html  

I was about 200 miles from home when I found this out .. and the "internet" lore around how to do field repairs requires a 'M3' bolt and a wooden plug.    Trying to find an M3 bolt in the US is an exercise in splunking through  various hardware stores and hoping that some one refilled the inventory and someone else didn't steal them ..     For me,  it ended up with a uhaul rental and a drive home.  

I now carry two buttons and the tool  embarrassed

« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2017, 7:19am by MrWizard »  
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print