Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:25am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mark makes another friend at White Rock Lake (Read 933 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Mark makes another friend at White Rock Lake
Jul 10th, 2017, 9:01pm

Alternate title: Mark made someone mad again

First lap at White Rock just passing the north marina and at the base of Big Thicket when a  
guy on upright passes me so of course I give chase and catch him at the top then while going
through the rough pavement near the Bath House/Museum I pass him by going to the extreme left

Him "Dude why are you always racing?"
Me "Because it's fun"
Him "But if you were really fast you would have never let me pass in the first place"
Me thinking (He has a point sometimes I get lazy)
Me "Well it happens sometimes"
Him "You know you aren't very fast I'd say 90% of the good riders here are faster than you"
Me "Yea that might be true"
Him "They just don't care to race"
Me " Yea I imagine so"
Him" You are just being a douchebag, you're old get over it"
Me thinking (I might have just been insulted not sure)
Me "Whatever, why don't you show me how fast you are then"

Kind of a mistake because I have an issue going from the small front ring to the large ring and he
really gets up to speed wheras I max out at about 24 or 25 so he's slowly dropping me and when he gets
about 50 feet ahead he turns and throws up one arm indicating "come on lets go" then we get to the
bottom of the hill going around Dreyfuss house and he does it again, right about that time I finally
got the chain into the big ring and am closing on him when he stops peddling right before the Stone Tables.
As I go by I through up my arm and say "Come on dude lets go" I think this might have made him angry

He gets behind as we go around the Stone Tables then he decides to get right beside me and starts crowding
me toward the side of the road, bad idea because I don't give any ground..

Him "Dude pull over and we'll settle this"  
Me laughing "You gotta be kidding"

He then drops off, guess he didn't want to play anymore, really tho all he had to do is climb the hill to
the high trail he would have easily dropped me and my heavy Baron but no he's gotta be a moron, not sure if
he was the same guy who complained last year or the other guy who always calls me a douchebag whenever he sees me
or they could be the same guy I can't tell, can't wait until the next time we meet

Another fun night at White Rock

« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2017, 9:03pm by mleuck »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print