Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:31am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good News, Bad News! (Read 2069 times)
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Good News, Bad News!
Jul 5th, 2017, 6:46pm

I should have flipped those around so the bad news goes first...

Bad news is... my television show, Eye Opener, got cancelled. It's not really unexpected news, and I'm not really all that broken up about it. The time had come and I knew it months ago. I'm still doing comedy, so it's not like I'm completely unemployed.  

More importantly, the good news is... I can finally get back to riding again.  

Because of my extreme early morning schedule and extreme late night performance schedule, I didn't have much time for riding. i'll probably need a minute to work my way back up to speed, but I'm ready to get after it again. Get ready for me to beat you all to death with questions again.

Oliver aka Mizta Nice aka The Slow Guy in the Weird Pants Wink

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Good News, Bad News!
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2017, 11:58am

Join us this Saturday morning for the Recumbent Day ride!!!!

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2017, 3:33pm

If your looking for group rides and are still in NRH...PlayTri just opened a shop on the Fort Worth side of 377.  Great owners and doing group rides on Wednesday at 630pm and Saturday at 7am...all rides are no drop and yes I am the only bent rider so far.  Both rides have varied speeds, distance and terrain so check it out if your still in the area.  Last Wednesday had 25 riders, I have yet to do a saturday ride with them as it has rained the past two weeks.

They are bent friendly and have welcomed me even when I showed up with a trike Smiley

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2017, 7:08pm

Quote from Mizta_Nice on Jul 5th, 2017, 6:46pm:
I should have flipped those around so the bad news goes first...

Bad news is... my television show, Eye Opener, got cancelled. It's not really unexpected news, and I'm not really all that broken up about it. The time had come and I knew it months ago. I'm still doing comedy, so it's not like I'm completely unemployed.

More importantly, the good news is... I can finally get back to riding again.

Because of my extreme early morning schedule and extreme late night performance schedule, I didn't have much time for riding. i'll probably need a minute to work my way back up to speed, but I'm ready to get after it again. Get ready for me to beat you all to death with questions again.

Oliver aka Mizta Nice aka The Slow Guy in the Weird Pants Wink

Welcome back, Oliver!   Smiley  
Don't worry, your muscles have memory.  Just give them some time in the way of workouts, and you'll see you're soon back in the swing of things.  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2017, 4:52pm

Glad you're gonna be able to start riding again!  Sorry your show got axed.  I'm not in that broadcast market area any more, though.  Hope to see you on a ride some time.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2017, 6:45pm

Is this shop on Colleyville Rd./Hwy-26?

Quote from Phantom Rider on Jul 6th, 2017, 3:33pm:
If your looking for group rides and are still in NRH...PlayTri just opened a shop on the Fort Worth side of 377.  Great owners and doing group rides on Wednesday at 630pm and Saturday at 7am...all rides are no drop and yes I am the only bent rider so far.  Both rides have varied speeds, distance and terrain so check it out if your still in the area.  Last Wednesday had 25 riders, I have yet to do a saturday ride with them as it has rained the past two weeks.

They are bent friendly and have welcomed me even when I showed up with a trike Smiley

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2017, 6:53pm

No, new shop is on North Tarrant Parkway just east of I-35W, however the one in Colleyville is still there.

Quote from jrob_bent on Jul 16th, 2017, 6:45pm:
Is this shop on Colleyville Rd./Hwy-26?

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Jul 16th, 2017, 10:05pm

My daughter just moved to within 2 miles of the one in Colleyville. The other one is 4.5 miles away. Maybe I can sneak away one Wednesday evening and try it out.

Email   IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Reply #8 - Jul 18th, 2017, 5:30pm

I will have to check out that shop. So hard to find a good shop that is nearby in our area.  I'd like to do the ride, but I gotta get my fitness back first. I couldn't keep up with you before, I sure can't now. Soon tho', soon.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #9 - Jul 18th, 2017, 6:26pm

Quote from Mizta_Nice on Jul 18th, 2017, 5:30pm:

I will have to check out that shop. So hard to find a good shop that is nearby in our area.  I'd like to do the ride, but I gotta get my fitness back first. I couldn't keep up with you before, I sure can't now. Soon tho', soon.

Fully understand, the "B" group rides a 12-14 pace for 20-25 miles so there is your goal.  

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2017, 6:51pm

Looks like I'll be there next Wednesday.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print