Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 29th, 2024, 4:21am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Start of a corovelo build (Read 8607 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Start of a corovelo build
Jun 26th, 2017, 8:06am

Started on my corvelo build yesterday evening, 6pm or so. Got the floor cut out and hope to start attaching it to the trike today in between chasing my 3 grand kids! I still can not post pictures here any more. The build will be documented on BROL and recumbents.com. It sure is a lot of difference between working in my shop with a nice concrete floor and big work tables compared to working on a gravel drive way at a RV park.  

I am hoping to have the velo done so I can ride it to the Paris rally.

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2017, 9:45am by jrob_bent »  

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Start of a corovelo build
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2017, 2:03pm

Got the bottom attached this morning. Hope to have the front, sides, and back attached in a few days. I will build the hood, but wait until it cools off to use it. I am thinking about using a piece of spandex with a zippered hole for my head to go through for now. If it gets too hot, I can unzip the spandex. I am hoping against hope to have it done and can ride it to the Paris Recumbent Rally next Friday.

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2017, 11:13pm

I think this thread needs more pictures  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2017, 3:01pm

New pictures on http://recumbents.com/forums/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=6855#57183. I have been baby sitting 8-9 hours a day and don't get to work on the corovelo much. Maybe an hour or two in the morning, and from 9-11 pm. I have made a few changes and probably will in the future. Building and re-doing it go hand in hand when there are no plans to follow. Half the fun is figuring out how everything goes, at least for me. It might not be completely done, is it ever, but maybe I can get it ridable for the Paris Rally. I should get a lot done over the week-end.

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2017, 3:02pm by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2017, 8:50pm

Lookin' mighty fine so far.  Can't wait to see the final result.   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2017, 1:24pm

I will have the outer shell completed by Sunday. I would have the sides on it this morning, but had to drive 45 miles round trip to Home Depot. Got there and they could not find the 15 sheets of 4 x 8 coroplast the computer said they had. Finally went out to the loading docks, low and behold, there they were! Over 3 hours wasted. By the time I got back and showered and ate lunch, it was 1 pm. Now headed to baby sit the grands. I have Saturday and Sunday off.  

If I can get it rideable by Sunday, I should be able to ride it to Paris, TX Thursday. More pictures coming soon.

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2017, 4:46pm

It's pretty easy to post photos here.

« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2017, 4:51pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2017, 6:57pm

It use to be easy for me to post pictures here, but since I got this Apple laptop, no dice! I can still post on other forums and stuff, just not here. I go to Photobucket like I always have, click on the photo I want to post, right click on the IMG and copy, then go here and click on insert image, then paste. Doesn't work for me anymore.

« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2017, 6:58pm by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2017, 4:41pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Jun 30th, 2017, 6:57pm:
It use to be easy for me to post pictures here, but since I got this Apple laptop, no dice! I can still post on other forums and stuff, just not here. I go to Photobucket like I always have, click on the photo I want to post, right click on the IMG and copy, then go here and click on insert image, then paste. Doesn't work for me anymore.

Just examine the code after you copy and paste, and edit as needed. Here is that last post I made with the opening square brackets  ( [ ) replaced by opening braces  ( { ) and  the closing square brackets  ( ] ) replaced by closing braces  ( } ) on each photo line:

It's pretty easy to post photos here.

{img}http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k510/ExclusiveSeniorPhotography/IMG_0608.jpg{/img}

{img}http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k510/ExclusiveSeniorPhotography/IMG_0609.jpg{/img}

{img}http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k510/ExclusiveSeniorPhotography/IMG_0610.jpg{/img}

{img}http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k510/ExclusiveSeniorPhotography/IMG_0611.jpg{/img}

{img}http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k510/ExclusiveSeniorPhotography/IMG_0612.jpg{/img}

That's all there is to it. If you know what the code should look like, it's not that hard to correct the errors that photobucket (or whatever site) gives you. If need be, copy and paste the direct links instead (direct links will always end with .jpg), then add the opening and closing img code yourself. If you look at your posts on recumbents.com, there's a bunch of garbage code there ahead of each photo, so you're not getting the right code there either. Their forum software is able to figure out what you're trying to post. The software here isn't. Here is all you really need:

Each photo is just the following: img surrounded by opening and closing square brackets, the direct link itself, then /img, surrounded by opening and closing square brackets. Any additional garbage code you post is just something for the forum software to try and interpret.

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2017, 5:24pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Jul 1st, 2017, 10:30pm

It rained until close to 1:30 pm off and on, so I didn't get started until after 1;30. Took it for a little ride around 8:30 pm. Need to make some minor adjustments, add the other panels, finish rear end, tape, and whatever else.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #10 - Jul 1st, 2017, 10:33pm

Hey Bud, thanks a bunch! I didn't know my laptop, an Apple MacAir, didn't use Javascript. That is the reason for all the useless junk in the URL copy and paste. With my old PC, I didn't have to do anything but copy and paste. Again, thanks!

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - Jul 2nd, 2017, 2:29pm

I hope to get the other side done this evening. I will start on the rear top tomorrow morning. Then I will start installing lights, fans, battery, and other stuff. I hope to have the hood done in a few more days. The tape is temporary and not the right color.

« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2017, 2:30pm by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #12 - Jul 2nd, 2017, 11:50pm

Got the last front/side panel done around 8:30 pm. Took it for a ride of about 3 miles around the RV park. Wheee! It is fun already. Everyone who saw it wanted to talk about it, at least 8 people stopped me. Wanted to know where the motor was. You are looking at the old motor. I hope to get the rear end done in the morning. After I get the seams all taped and the lights and stuff done, I think I will have it vinyl wrapped with red, orange, and yellow flames. My grandson's would love it! Ha.

« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2017, 11:52pm by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #13 - Jul 3rd, 2017, 4:40pm

Finished it this morning and rode it 25 miles to Argyle. My two future world recold holders! Ha.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #14 - Jul 3rd, 2017, 6:38pm

Very nice, Jerry. Did you use patterns or just wing it cutting out and fitting the Coroplast panels? How did it perform on your trip to Argyle? Are you going to install Coroplast wheel covers on it?

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print