Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:51am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dallas Senior Games Results (Read 4236 times)
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Dallas Senior Games Results
Mar 11th, 2017, 5:37pm

Well, they still messed up the recumbent results. Maybe it will be better next year.  Grin

Here is the link (page down for cycling results as we were the final events):

http://www.dallasparks.org/DocumentCenter/View/5675

IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Re: Dallas Senior Games Results
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2017, 7:08pm

I guess my  official 10kTT time is lost forever ;(   Good thing I have a garmin   which showed me at 16:07 (roughly after trimming)  

I supposed thats what I get for passing that bunch of  DF riders right at the finish ..  I guess I disappeared behind their cranks  

Actually a lot of those recumbent 10k numbers look like 20k numbers.  I was right behind jim reeves and the rest of the group on that 20k except for the last lap and came in at 39.27 (according the the garmin),  he shows 38.04 which would be about right  

Quote from Patti on Mar 11th, 2017, 5:37pm:
Well, they still messed up the recumbent results. Maybe it will be better next year.  Grin

Here is the link (page down for cycling results as we were the final events):

http://www.dallasparks.org/DocumentCenter/View/5675

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2017, 3:55pm

That's why they have us professional volunteers at TTTT!   Smiley

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2017, 4:38pm

And don't forget "chip timing" so you can blame the machine for your performance -- or lack there of  Cheesy

Quote from rmillay on Mar 13th, 2017, 3:55pm:
That's why they have us professional volunteers at TTTT!   Smiley

Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2017, 7:00pm

It looks to me like they added 20 minutes to our 10K times. Hey guys, we didn't do bad against the upright guys considering we started uphill! Move that starting line around the road to the top of that hill and they would have been hard-pressed to knock us off!  Smiley

« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2017, 7:00pm by reever »  

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2017, 9:08pm

I don't know if any of you got the email from the senior games with a monkey survey link on it. I gave them good marks, but in the comments box I complimented the guy who handled to upright awards, but said he didn't know any of us. I suggested that next year we have two separate awards ceremonies in two separate tents, with one of us (maybe Mike Lubrik) handing out our awards.
Oh, and I also thought--what the heck--shoot for the stars.....I asked if the starting line could be moved to the top of the hill so we could start downhill and with the wind.

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2017, 10:22am

I suggested timing chips.   Or just a couple of Garmin cameras with their time gps synchronized.   Its not that expensive and would have made a world of difference .    I don't think they should know "us"   heck    I think that the goal should be it gets so big its impossible to know any of the riders by name anymore.    I would prefer to have a combined ceremony though with the 5K going 2 wheel, 2 wheel bent, 3 wheel bent, woman .. then men ..  etc  then 10k so that there is mutual acknowledgement of the efforts ..  I really got a bit cranky when they "shelved" the recumbents when they started to get low on time.       We need much much more solidarity here.   (IMO of course)    

Quote from reever on Apr 1st, 2017, 9:08pm:
I don't know if any of you got the email from the senior games with a monkey survey link on it. I gave them good marks, but in the comments box I complimented the guy who handled to upright awards, but said he didn't know any of us. I suggested that next year we have two separate awards ceremonies in two separate tents, with one of us (maybe Mike Lubrik) handing out our awards.
Oh, and I also thought--what the heck--shoot for the stars.....I asked if the starting line could be moved to the top of the hill so we could start downhill and with the wind.

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2017, 10:30am by MrWizard »  
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2017, 3:16pm

Hey Doug great job on the Laid Back Bike Report today and bringing attention to the Texas events.  Appreciate you showing my chain tattoo as well as the quasi-Rbent Dude tattoo.  Any chance I could get you to send me the photo of the 3 CA's and F5 that's was in your slide deck?

I like your idea of synced cameras for the event and will include that in my survey as well.

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2017, 4:39pm by Phantom Rider »  

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2017, 10:24pm

Quote from Phantom Rider on Apr 2nd, 2017, 3:16pm:
Hey Doug great job on the Laid Back Bike Report today and bringing attention to the Texas events.  
Thanks for the report, Doug.  I enjoyed it.  Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #9 - Apr 3rd, 2017, 10:30am

Thanks Guys -- PM me your email and I'll send you my dropbox with all of the unedited Photos there, you can have whatever ones you want.

« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2017, 10:33am by MrWizard »  
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print