Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:13am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rans Seat Trade (Read 1372 times)
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Rans Seat Trade
Feb 24th, 2017, 9:52pm

I've got a Rans slingmesh seat that doesn't let me sit as upright as I would prefer. Is there anyone out there with a Rans standard mesh seat that they might like to trade?

With my latest neck fusion, I couldn't ride my Xstream comfortably with the hoagy seat, so I traded someone for a sling mesh seat...when I set it up at the right angle for me, I slide off the front of it. But the standard seat works good for me. So lets trade! You can recline farther and be more aero, and I can sit more upright and be more comfortable.  

- Mike.

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
Rat Rider

Recumbents Across
Texas

Re: Rans Seat Trade
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2017, 10:10am

Have you thought about something like this?

https://hostelshoppe.com/TERRATRIKE-Seat-Wedge-17251/

Metabike Mystique
Lightning Phantom II
CruzRocket indoor recumbent Zwift trainer
Ranger
Dakota

Need dependable wheels?
Email   IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Re: Rans Seat Trade
Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2017, 1:10pm

The original seat foam was tapered in thickness, from about a inch and a half up to about 2-1/2. I had some really dense upholstery foam, so I cut my own seat pad, tapered from the 1-1/2 to 5", and I also made a new horn for the front of the seat that was taller. Those things made it much better, but I still find myself sometimes sliding forward a little from where I want to be. I want to have about a 50 degree seat angle, which the standard seat does nicely. The sling mesh really wants to be at 35 degrees or so. I've found if I try to get too upright with it, it starts to feel like I'm sitting on something a little too narrow for my bum, with my goolies wedged up against the thing that isn't quite keeping me from sliding off the front of the seat. Not good!

I have the original foam pad and seat horn that I can reinstall for whoever ends up with this seat.

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print