Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 18th, 2024, 8:43pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stolen yesterday 2/18/17 my Catrike Trail (Read 2666 times)
Celticherself

rbent member

Stolen yesterday 2/18/17 my Catrike Trail
Feb 19th, 2017, 12:39pm

Hello,
Saturday February 18th, my Catrike trail in Hyper Yellow was stolen from my garage. I live in Richardson TX and my husband had been working in the garage, then put a chair together, we think that's when it happened. I wanted to ride my Trike this morning and found it gone. We are near Arapaho road and our neighbors and ourselves have all had break-ins 3 times. I have serial numbers and a photo but still can't figure out how to post the photo on this forum from Google Photos.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM_Z3BQgnp19XM8lVS94XWiNx2AcywyshdqonYJ

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love it. This paint job is no longer offered by Catrike, it's a metallic glowing safety yellow color.

Thank you for any attention you can give. And I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place!

Vicki

2016 Catrike Trail
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Stolen yesterday 2/18/17 my Catrike Trail
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2017, 2:02pm

Quote from Celticherself on Feb 19th, 2017, 12:39pm:
Hello,
Saturday February 18th, my Catrike trail in Hyper Yellow was stolen from my garage. I live in Richardson TX and my husband had been working in the garage, then put a chair together, we think that's when it happened. I wanted to ride my Trike this morning and found it gone. We are near Arapaho road and our neighbors and ourselves have all had break-ins 3 times. I have serial numbers and a photo but still can't figure out how to post the photo on this forum from Google Photos.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM_Z3BQgnp19XM8lVS94XWiNx2AcywyshdqonYJ

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love it. This paint job is no longer offered by Catrike, it's a metallic glowing safety yellow color.

Thank you for any attention you can give. And I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place!

Vicki

If Google Photos has an "IMG Code" link, then use the instructions here to post your photo: http://rbentonline.org/YaBB.pl?num=1262013954. Recommend you also post the serial number.

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2017, 2:48pm

It would be helpful to know it you were on the east or west side of town or even the block. Got kids in the area? Beat the allies as soon as possible. Check Offerup app. even craigslist. Pawn shops will not tell you anything. Anything unusual about the bike or things like group, pedals. etc.

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2017, 10:22am

That link doesn't work.      

Post the serial number for sure, Also file a police report asap and post the # for that.  You might want to go by RBM as sometimes these walk in the door looking for a quick sale
If we can get pictures a lot of us will keep an eye out for it.  

Quote from johnnybent on Feb 19th, 2017, 2:48pm:
It would be helpful to know it you were on the east or west side of town or even the block. Got kids in the area? Beat the allies as soon as possible. Check Offerup app. even craigslist. Pawn shops will not tell you anything. Anything unusual about the bike or things like group, pedals. etc.    

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2017, 10:23am by MrWizard »  
Email   IP Logged
Dennis

rbent member

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2017, 4:47pm

See if anyone on the street has video cameras that might have caught traffic going by in your window of opportunity?

IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2017, 7:55am

Has there been any additional news on this?

IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2017, 9:32am

Has the trike been recovered?

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2017, 10:40am

Quote from johnnybent on Jun 24th, 2017, 9:32am:
Has the trike been recovered?

I have a feeling we'll never know.

Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Jul 7th, 2017, 9:14pm

Just as a follow up, since the owner did not, She DID get her trike back. It was found a few days later at a local pawn shop, if I am remembering the details correctly. She and her husband are customers and she bought that trike from us.

IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Jul 7th, 2017, 10:11pm

Glad to hear they got it back.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print