Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 26th, 2024, 1:17am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another night at White Rock Lake but different... (Read 1623 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Another night at White Rock Lake but different...
Oct 25th, 2016, 9:06pm

So I'm doing my usual evening White Rock Lake ride, tonight's boring with nobody fast to play with for the first couple of laps

Start the 3rd while on the new trail that parallels N/W Highway I notice a relatively fast 4 person group ahead

"Riders to play with!" so I picked up speed and passed them while heading south toward Mockingbird

Head up Big Thicket then went around the top loop looking for an entrance to the new upper trail Jay told me about yesterday

Decided it wouldn't benefit me trying to avoid the rough road between the top of Big Thicket and the museum bath house

I then noticed the 4-person group going by and decided to give chase again, they took the Bath House hill going to the high trail and I pursue

I then pass them on the high trail when one of them, (I think t was one of them) decides to really dig in and blows past me

We both go down from the high trail to Stone Tables doing close to 30 and I pass him going through the park just before Sunset Bay

He then passes me back going around Winfrey Point I then start passing him again going through Winfrey Park

By this time we are again doing close to 30, I'm having an absolute blast and I assume he is as well until....

Him: "Hey you need a real bike"
Me: "I have a real bike"
Him: "No you have a p***y bike!" (word that describes a cat or female private parts)
Me: "LOL! You gotta be kidding me"
Him: "No it's a p***y bike!"
Him: "Think of what you can do on a real bike"
Me: "Well judging by your performance I'd be a lot slower"
Him: "Yea you would"
Me: "Doesn't sound too appealing then does it?"
Him: "Yea but you'd be riding a real bike instead of a p***y bike"
Me" "Whatever loser"

(Keep in mind we are having this conversation doing somewhere between 28 and 30 mph)

He then passes and instead of doing the road by the 7/11 he heads for the Rails to Trails section. Big mistake! I'm gonna own him now (I would have owned him either way he went)

About halfway up the trail I catch and pass and we have another conversation...

Me: "Oh look the p***y bike is passing you, Oh look the p***y bike is dropping you and there's nothing you can do about it" (yea I'm feeling frisky by now)
Him" "Yea look how low you are it's a p***y bike!"
Me: "Yea this p***y bike weighs twice as much as yours and I'm at least 15 years older than you and your getting dropped on your REAL bike"

He then turns right at the top of the Rails to Trails and heads for the pedestrian bridge, I take the left to W Lawther, this is good because I'll be behind him again when we converge

(Then I remembered all this time I had my handheld camera... recorded the rest and posted it on YouTube)

https://youtu.be/bTrIXJjkbw8

Passed him on W Lawther again going through the last sharp left turn before Mockingbird, cut into the southbound lane to do it

Him "Hey that's not very safe" (Now he cares for my safety???)
Me: "Not at all I can see any incoming traffic in time to switch back"
Him: "No it's not very safe"
Me: "No you just like to whine"

Then I dropped him again, did another lap looking but couldn't find him ...The thing is the guy was darn fast but oh that mouth...

« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2016, 9:09pm by mleuck »  
  IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Re: Another night at White Rock Lake but different
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2016, 10:17pm

looks like he had his phone out and was videoing you too  Wink

Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2016, 1:09am

Quote from MrWizard on Oct 25th, 2016, 10:17pm:

Yea I think he figured I was taping him to show to cops or something, he never did anything illegal and even if he had I wouldn't have cared.

IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2016, 8:54am

Maybe .. I recognized him (or at least I think I  do) as one of the Matrix guys ..    I'm watching their comms to see if anyone says something. .   This kind of  thing is motivating me to visit white rock more often  

Quote from mleuck on Oct 26th, 2016, 1:09am:
Quote from MrWizard on Oct 25th, 2016, 10:17pm:

Yea I think he figured I was taping him to show to cops or something, he never did anything illegal and even if he had I wouldn't have cared.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print