Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 29th, 2024, 1:38am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ceramic Bearing Bottom Bracket (Read 1782 times)
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Ceramic Bearing Bottom Bracket
Sep 12th, 2016, 1:37pm

Installed an Omni Racer hybrid ceramic-bearing bottom bracket on my 2016 Metabike Metaphysic. It replaces the steel-bearing Mega Exo BB that came with the bike's FSA Energy crankset. Bought it off Ebay for less than $100. Comes with installation instructions, adapters, and spacers. Fits SRAM, FSA and Truvative cranksets. Does it provide any advantage over the Mega Exo BB? Who knows. But, at least I will be able to respond to a query with: "Yes, as a matter of fact, my Meta does have a ceramic-bearing BB".   Cheesy

Omni Racer ceramic-bearing bottom bracket kit.

Installed bottom bracket.  

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Re: Ceramic Bearing Bottom Bracket
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2016, 9:03am

According to the website  - "Speed increases approaching 4%, i.e., over 1 km a rider can gain 20-40m"

So I guess you teleport?

http://www.omniracer.com/product-page/732b5745-4d11-395b-2940-d1db245bf63b

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2016, 5:04pm

Quote from MrWizard on Sep 13th, 2016, 9:03am:
According to the website  - "Speed increases approaching 4%, i.e., over 1 km a rider can gain 20-40m"

So I guess you teleport?

I saw that, but I'm going to have to stick with "Who knows", because I don't have enough data to make before and after comparisons. My Garmin data does show my average speed for 50 mile WRL rides has increased a minimum of 2 mph, since my cardiologist adjusted my medications in July (Beta blocker: "Bad". Calcium blocker: "Good".).  

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2016, 7:46pm

I actually need to replace my BB in the carbon trike as I stole it off another bike when the one they sent didn't work.  Its a basic ultegra BB from a few years ago.    I think I'm going to try one of these out too as they are nicely priced.   Since I've got PT1s on the cranks I should be able to see if there a watts in vs speed out change or not ..  

Quote from jayg on Sep 13th, 2016, 5:04pm:
Quote from MrWizard on Sep 13th, 2016, 9:03am:

So I guess you teleport?

I saw that, but I'm going to have to stick with "Who knows", because I don't have enough data to make before and after comparisons. My Garmin data does show my average speed for 50 mile WRL rides has increased a minimum of 2 mph, since my cardiologist adjusted my medications in July (Beta blocker: "Bad". Calcium blocker: "Good".).  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print