Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 24th, 2024, 8:32pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cycling sandals with wide fit? (Read 1634 times)
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Cycling sandals with wide fit?
Aug 23rd, 2016, 8:39pm

My Keen Commuter 3 cycling sandals have been good for a couple years, but are feeling extra mushy all of a sudden. I thought I'd get a replacement pair, only to discover they replaced them with the commuter 4, and they went to a narrow last when they did that. I've tried on sandals at several LBS with no luck. Anyone know of a cycling sandal currently on the market that fits wide feet?

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: Cycling sandals with wide fit?
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2016, 8:55pm

The two strap Shimano sandals are wide enough for my E width feet.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2016, 9:03pm

Same ..

Also believe it or not the Shimano Tri SH-TR60 shoes will fit an D-E width ..  Should you want shoes when the months start to cool off (hopefully soon!)

Quote from Bud_Bent on Aug 23rd, 2016, 8:55pm:

Email   IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2016, 8:57pm

I tried those, and they were way too narrow for me and my EEE to EEEE feet. I'm actually having problems with the fancy (and darned expensive) Sidi Mega shoes I just bought. I think the sole plate on the mega is the same width as the regular shoe, and they add extra volume by sewing a larger/ wider upper to it. Anyway, I can feel the edges of the factory insole, and the whole thing is cupped as well. I'm going to try some super feet insoles in the Sidi shoes to see if that fixes that problem.  

In the meantime, I'll continue to look for some wide fitting sandals. I prefer sandals for my commute rides. I like that they're cooler, and they're also nicer to walk in than the stiff carbon sole shoe thats better for going fast on the bike.

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2016, 9:15pm

Just a thought, Have you considered Velcro extenders on those Shimano sandals?  

Whats the width measurement at the ball of your foot? I can check with the company I know over in china thats making Nasbars sandals and see if they can make a custom wider one .

Quote from Tiger_Mike on Aug 24th, 2016, 8:57pm:

I tried those, and they were way too narrow for me and my EEE to EEEE feet. I'm actually having problems with the fancy (and darned expensive) Sidi Mega shoes I just bought. I think the sole plate on the mega is the same width as the regular shoe, and they add extra volume by sewing a larger/ wider upper to it. Anyway, I can feel the edges of the factory insole, and the whole thing is cupped as well. I'm going to try some super feet insoles in the Sidi shoes to see if that fixes that problem.

In the meantime, I'll continue to look for some wide fitting sandals. I prefer sandals for my commute rides. I like that they're cooler, and they're also nicer to walk in than the stiff carbon sole shoe thats better for going fast on the bike.

Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2016, 7:24pm

I've been told that Nashbar Ragster sandals work for wider feet. You might check some reviews.

« Last Edit: May 9th, 2017, 8:39am by Patti »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print