Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 16th, 2024, 4:44pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
HHH 2016 (Read 5080 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: HHH 2016
Reply #15 - Aug 24th, 2016, 7:05pm

I'm staying at the 1st Xtian church, instead of the Y...  but probably won't arrive there till 8PM or so.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #16 - Aug 24th, 2016, 7:24pm

Hey Mr. Wizard,

I don't know what meeting that is on Friday and who it is with, but give them a piece of our collective minds about this problem of "unofficial marshaling". Last year I really felt like I was in danger. I didn't think I would say anything about it because by the end of the incident I was uttering some pretty dark language and gestures at my attackers. I thought I'd just let Chip glory in a really great event and not bring him down. Now is the time to bring up concerns though.

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #17 - Aug 24th, 2016, 9:07pm

If you paid the big bucks, "golden spoke" money,  you get a chance to talk to the organizers directly as a "representative of the community" obstensively  to help improve the ride. Since I paid the price of admission this is one of the the items i've got on the list ..  

My opinion -- I don't think this is Chips doing, in-fact I don't think its really the organizers .   I think its a legacy item that started back in the 1990s and has grown into the proportions it has today without someone really riding herd on it.  In other similar rides in the briefing  they make it a point to tell the independent support vehicles to yield to passing cyclists.    

If you don't have one, this is perhaps a reason to have a camera.   I bought brand new memory chips for my cameras to be able to capture this in 1080P glory if it happens again. I suspect some people would be embarrassed after what you reported last year if the video of it was made public  

Quote from reever on Aug 24th, 2016, 7:24pm:
Hey Mr. Wizard,

I don't know what meeting that is on Friday and who it is with, but give them a piece of our collective minds about this problem of "unofficial marshaling". Last year I really felt like I was in danger. I didn't think I would say anything about it because by the end of the incident I was uttering some pretty dark language and gestures at my attackers. I thought I'd just let Chip glory in a really great event and not bring him down. Now is the time to bring up concerns though.

Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #18 - Aug 25th, 2016, 8:46am

I agree. I don't think Chip knew a thing about it.

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #19 - Aug 28th, 2016, 11:30am

https://youtu.be/O7mHMYMIws8  about 30s in you can see the recumbents, trikes and velos start

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #20 - Aug 28th, 2016, 5:19pm

Cool Doug.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #21 - Aug 30th, 2016, 11:26pm

Quote from MrWizard on Aug 28th, 2016, 11:30am:
https://youtu.be/O7mHMYMIws8  about 30s in you can see the recumbents, trikes and velos start
Can't wait to see your video(s), Doug!   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print