Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 25th, 2024, 2:12am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Catbike Musashi (Read 3026 times)
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Catbike Musashi
May 24th, 2016, 5:54pm

Hey! That looks like my Musashi. I'm going to have to go and look in the garage and see if it's still there.  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Reply #1 - May 30th, 2016, 7:16am

Awesome! Now I want one.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2016, 8:01pm

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2016, 8:25am

As a long time rider of a Lightning with a soft fairing I can attest that the *last* thing you wanted was to get those soft covers wet ..  Even with copious amounts of scotch guard they still ended up weighting the better part of a tonne after a solid downpour.    Aerodynamic improvement yes .. heat retention, yes --  weather resistant  not so much

Quote from jrob_bent on Jun 10th, 2016, 6:14am:
Quote from jayg on Jun 9th, 2016, 8:01pm:

Cool looking Jay. I had seen that before and thought about using his idea, but the picture I posted is Richard Myers and his Chiquita. He did 202 miles on the Chiquita at age 76 during Calvin's Challenge. The drive chain and everything is enclosed and out of the weather. At 76, Richard could cruise at about 30 mph. And with the coro, steel wire, and blue insulation, it helped in case of a crash at speed. Richard is turning 80 and training to ride 80 miles on his birthday.

With that being said, the Musocki would be a good Texas summer sock.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print