Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 24th, 2024, 1:32pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PVC trike stand for Tour II (Read 1265 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

PVC trike stand for Tour II
May 14th, 2016, 11:39am

Decided to build a PVC trike stand for when I want to work on the Tour II...  found some representative photos of other builds, sketched it out, did the basic math (sine/cos/tan of ~10 degrees), bought some 1" tubing and connectors, and started hacking away...

Took a little bit of tweaking, but it works nicely!   The 1" pipe is a little flexy, but no problem - I might recommend 1-1/2" instead.

However, I didn't want the whole thing taking up all that room when not being used, right?  So, I drilled holes and bolted the horizontal-oriented pieces together so they wouldn't come apart due to the weight of the trike being on it, and left the vertical pieces alone, for easy assembly/disassembly...  

Upper support arms removed

Middle section removed

Vertical pieces removed

All put away!

I may cut longer upper support arms, to raise it up further, but for now, it works pretty well.  Moving the seat on a Tour II is a bit of a hassle with a three-bolt clamp and seat attachment, so any time I need to adjust it for Terrie or myself, it helps having it up at working level... all told, about $35-40 in stuff...  might have been cheaper if I'd used pipe glue, but I used bolts instead.

« Last Edit: May 14th, 2016, 11:47am by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Mdicke

rbent member

Re: PVC trike stand for Tour II
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2016, 6:09pm

Nice Job!!  I really like to take apart/put away feature

Rans F5
Catrike 700
Specialized Allez (DF)
  IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Re: PVC trike stand for Tour II
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2016, 5:28am

Awesome! I'm always amazed at what you accomplish with a little elbow grease and a lot of knowledge.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print