Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 23rd, 2024, 4:18pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Being interviewed next weekend ... (Read 2019 times)
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Being interviewed next weekend ...
Jan 31st, 2016, 6:29pm

Myself and 2 others are going to be on the show talking about trikes, bikes and especially Velomobiles ..  2PM CST February 7th 2016

http://www.laidbackbikereport.com/

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2016, 6:30pm by MrWizard »  
Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Re: Being interviewed next weekend ...
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2016, 4:46pm

Mr. Wizard--
You have just GOT to have your vela there with the super lighting set up!!! I've watched some of the reports and they are just head shots of the interviewee for loooong segments. Yours will be the most interesting one ever if you can show off your particular genius!

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2016, 6:59pm

pretty much the plan (or at least part of it) ..  I've coded up some never before seen patterns just for the show..

Besides the lights, I plan a walk through showing the differences between the different velos having what amounts to be the opposite ends of the velo spectrum it should make for good conversation.    

Quote from reever on Feb 1st, 2016, 4:46pm:
Mr. Wizard--
You have just GOT to have your vela there with the super lighting set up!!! I've watched some of the reports and they are just head shots of the interviewee for loooong segments. Yours will be the most interesting one ever if you can show off your particular genius!

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2016, 10:51am

I saw your interview Sunday and enjoyed it.  Your footage of your velos really added to the format of the talks, though you could have used a professional lighting crew, and you and your co-interviewees were fluent and informative.  On one subject I'll note: Texas is one state that defines a four-wheel HPV as a pedal car, which is not considered street legal.  I think some legislative clarification is needed there.

Obsolete laws abound, anyway.  It reminds me of when the 1958 Mercury and Lincoln were introduced.  Someone noted that one southern state (Georgia?) defined motor vehicle classes by dimensions, so the new models from FOMOCO were legally trucks, being an inch over the width limit.  (That would have required them to have extra "truck lights".)

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2016, 2:31pm

Yeah I was doing that lighting with a hand mounted dive light under the remote camera ..  awkward to say the least ..   I couldn't see the video without about 10s of delay so it often got pointed at the wrong thing for a few seconds ..  

As far as texas law  : http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/TN/htm/TN.551.htm    doesn't seem to have a pedal car definition there .. or a trike      

Quote from rmillay on Feb 10th, 2016, 10:51am:
I saw your interview Sunday and enjoyed it.  Your footage of your velos really added to the format of the talks, though you could have used a professional lighting crew, and you and your co-interviewees were fluent and informative.  On one subject I'll note: Texas is one state that defines a four-wheel HPV as a pedal car, which is not considered street legal.  I think some legislative clarification is needed there.

Obsolete laws abound, anyway.  It reminds me of when the 1958 Mercury and Lincoln were introduced.  Someone noted that one southern state (Georgia?) defined motor vehicle classes by dimensions, so the new models from FOMOCO were legally trucks, being an inch over the width limit.  (That would have required them to have extra "truck lights".)

Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2016, 11:48am

I watched the interview. It was the most interesting episode that I have seen. Good work Doug!

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2016, 8:26am

Nice going Doug. The show has gotten me excited again about a possible future velo.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print