Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:04pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Battery-Heated Glove Liners (Read 2644 times)
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Battery-Heated Glove Liners
Dec 1st, 2015, 6:44pm

Purchased a pair of these: http://cozywinters.com/shop/heated-glove-liners.html to replace the battery-powered ski gloves I've been using for about 5 years. Thought they might be superior to the battery-powered gloves when used in conjunction with ski gloves. Got to test them at cold WRL, today. My hands stayed warm on the lowest setting (the liners I purchased have 3 heat settings) and actually started sweating. No hint of the Raynaud's Syndrome I suffer from. In the afternoon, I switched unheated glove liners for the heated liners, and experienced Raynaud's Syndrome. Found the battery-powered glove liner/ski glove combination to be more effective in keeping my hands warm than my much more expensive battery-powered ski gloves. Purchased a spare LiPo battery pack for $99.

« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2015, 6:47pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Battery-Heated Glove Liners
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2015, 7:04pm

Thanks for the link Jay. I had frost bite on my hands and feet from working several years ago. Not bad enough for removal, but bad enough they stay cold. Thanks again.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2017, 4:43pm

This is an older post - I assume all is well with the glove liners.  However, an up-date would be nice - as the years go by my fingers and toes kind of get cold and seem too stay that way most of the winter (being in Texas helps, but ...)  I have to admit I probably under dress for the cold, I can tolerate it better than the heat anyway - but the tigers are another story.  So I'll give these liners a shot
David
PS my Mom has Raynauds, maybe I m like her????

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2017, 6:43pm

Quote from Cheve11e on Oct 27th, 2017, 4:43pm:
This is an older post - I assume all is well with the glove liners.  However, an up-date would be nice - as the years go by my fingers and toes kind of get cold and seem too stay that way most of the winter (being in Texas helps, but ...)  I have to admit I probably under dress for the cold, I can tolerate it better than the heat anyway - but the tigers are another story.  So I'll give these liners a shot
David
PS my Mom has Raynauds, maybe I m like her????

Don't experience Raynauds, since my cardiologist changed my beta blocker dosage from 200 mg daily to 50 mg daily. Also, my feet don't get real cold anymore. Accordingly, haven't worn the liners in a while. If we experience a really cold winter, may wear them. They are very effective.  

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2017, 8:00pm

Jay, any idea how well their Thermo Soles work?  I'm tempted to give them a shot.   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2017, 9:45pm

Quote from Action Lad on Oct 27th, 2017, 8:00pm:
Jay, any idea how well their Thermo Soles work?  I'm tempted to give them a shot.   Smiley

I don't know. Are there any user reviews for them?

Email   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #6 - Nov 4th, 2017, 7:14pm

I bought 'glove liners" extra batteries also.

I gave them away.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print