Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:58pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vk2, wonderful, soft, fast. (Read 2239 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Vk2, wonderful, soft, fast.
Sep 28th, 2015, 9:15pm

Selling my beloved vk2.  It's easily the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden, and one of the fastest.  This is the second one I've owned.  I expect it had less than 1k miles when I bought it, and I rode less than 100.   I have too many bikes, and one more coming so i need the space.  Mechanically perfect, pretty close cosmetically too.  10spd, trigger shifters, cool zotefoam pad and the best thing is the carbon fiber tail box that adds a ton of speed and storage.  Custom blinkie mounts for the rear stays and tail box.  Also invited is a ventisit seat pad.  What's not included are any accessories not already specified.  

Price to you is 1900.  It'll be 2k on bent rider
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/aikigreg/library/vk22

« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2015, 7:06pm by aikigreg »  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Re: Vk2, wonderful, soft, fast.
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2015, 10:55am

Hi Greg,  
Is Kamil (or someone) still making Velokrafts?   I was badly chasing a noncom once in the past --  but never could get a response - and of course the velokraft.com website is gone .

Quote from aikigreg on Sep 28th, 2015, 9:15pm:
Selling my beloved vk2.  It's easily the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden, and one of the fastest.  This is the second one I've owned.  I expect it had less than 1k miles when I bought it, and I rode less than 100.   I have too many bikes, and one more coming so i need the space.  Mechanically perfect, pretty close cosmetically too.  10spd, trigger shifters, cool zotefoam pad and the best thing is the carbon fiber tail box that adds a ton of speed and storage.  Custom blinkie mounts for the rear stays and tail box.

Pics to follow once I get sunlight.  Price to you is 1900.  It'll be 2k on bent rider.l

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2015, 7:03pm

No, he quit the biz a while back.  Nocoms are very individual and nearly all of them are different from the others.  If you can find one that fits, they're even smoother than the vk2 though.

I wouldn't say this on bent rider, but never buy a morciglio clone either, unless you buy it used.  I know several who were really bilked by him.  In the I've got your money so why should I support you, kind of way.

Post updated for pics.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2015, 8:41pm

If the four fused vertebrae in my neck didn't require a more upright position I would be all over this. That is a sweet bike!

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2015, 10:49pm

Well, come sit on it.  The seat actually bends really really upright, but obviously that might but mean it's comfortable for you

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Johnsfwdbent

rbent member

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2016, 2:33pm

Greg,
What is the frame size?
Also what is the xseam range?
What is the crank length?
What tooth sprockets are on it?
What are the largest tires that will fit on it?

Thanks,
John

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2016, 5:27pm

Sorry babe.  Gone to California

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print