Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:54pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
RBM Recumbent Ride (Read 8611 times)
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

RBM Recumbent Ride
Jul 23rd, 2015, 6:20pm

Come join us this Saturday (Jul 25) on the Richardson Bike Mart recumbent ride. There will be a number of us RBENTers in attendance. The ride starts at 8:30 AM in front of the RBM Richardson, TX shop at 1451 West Campbell Road (located in shopping center South of Campbell). Ride distances are 10, 20, and 30 miles. If you have a mechanical or run out of gas, you will not be left behind. Lunch at Braum's for those that want to get something to eat, after the ride.

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Re: RBM Recumbent Ride
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2015, 11:39am

I should be there along with my Daughter.  

Go easy on me, I've not been able to ride for about a month due to a broke foot.  

Quote from jayg on Jul 23rd, 2015, 6:20pm:
Come join us this Saturday (Jul 25) on the Richardson Bike Mart recumbent ride. There will be a number of us RBENTers in attendance. The ride starts at 8:30 AM in front of the RBM Richardson, TX shop at 1451 West Campbell Road (located in shopping center South of Campbell). Ride distances are 10, 20, and 30 miles. If you have a mechanical or run out of gas, you will not be left behind. Lunch at Braum's for those that want to get something to eat, after the ride.

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2015, 4:42pm

Ouch!  I've seen people riding using one foot, but I wouldn't want to have to!  Hope it's knitting nicely.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2015, 9:57pm

Relive the fun, the chills, the thrills, the excitement, the standing around at the rest stops! You will marvel at the 1080p hi-def video,  gasp  at the chroma graphics and laugh when you realize that somewhere, some place .. google is holding all 158G of this for the revenue of a few seconds of advertising.   At least when it done "processing" which should be some time monday afternoon.  

https://youtu.be/-gD1aAZ0fsU

« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2015, 1:23am by MrWizard »  
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2015, 6:37am

Quote from MrWizard on Jul 26th, 2015, 9:57pm:
Relive the fun, the chills, the thrills, the excitement, the standing around at the rest stops! You will marvel at the 1080p hi-def video,  gasp  at the chroma graphics and laugh when you realize that somewhere, some place .. google is holding all 158G of this for the revenue of a few seconds of advertising.   At least when it done "processing" which should be some time monday afternoon.

Thanks for the video.  
I never get to see myself riding from a second person perspective, but +3 hours of silence, what gives?    Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #5 - Jul 27th, 2015, 2:22pm

Quote from Action Lad on Jul 27th, 2015, 6:37am:

Thanks for the video.  
I never get to see myself riding from a second person perspective, but +3 hours of silence, what gives?    Smiley

I guess I could have dubbed in some Skillerx or Deadmou5  .. but in truth,  I didn't feel it was appropriate to include the conversations people were having on the ride.  

At least not until the blackmail money is all in   Mwahahhahahahah   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2015, 4:57pm

Nice video. The split screen with dashboard is pretty cool. Just recently got 45 Mbps U-Verse. No way I could have viewed 720p video with my old 1Mbps DSL.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2015, 7:08pm

Quote from Action Lad on Jul 27th, 2015, 6:37am:

Thanks for the video.  

I guess I could have dubbed in some Skillerx or Deadmou5  .. but in truth,  I didn't feel it was appropriate to include the conversations people were having on the ride.  

Oh, I see now.  I'll just apply my own soundtrack, (tee, hee!)  Thanks, again!

IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2015, 5:44am

Do we need to remind RBM that the Recumbent Ride is this weekend, so they'll supply us with leaders and sweepers for those not going fast?  Seems they keep forgetting that we're coming and just let us go on our own.  How importiant IS this ride to them?

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2015, 3:12pm

Quote from Action Lad on Aug 25th, 2015, 5:44am:
Do we need to remind RBM that the Recumbent Ride is this weekend, so they'll supply us with leaders and sweepers for those not going fast?  Seems they keep forgetting that we're coming and just let us go on our own.  How importiant IS this ride to them?

It has been entered on their calendar, so someone at RBM is aware of this month's ride.

Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #10 - Aug 26th, 2015, 6:42pm

Might be cancelled due to HHH?

About what time do you guys usually hit Braums?  I may stop in for a milkshake since I can't ride.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - Aug 26th, 2015, 7:12pm

Quote from TonyWard on Aug 26th, 2015, 6:42pm:

About what time do you guys usually hit Braums?  I may stop in for a milkshake since I can't ride.

We will ride on Saturday, regardless of RBM employee participation, like we did last month.

I'm thinking somewhere between 11:30 and 12:00 for lunch at Braum's.  

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #12 - Aug 26th, 2015, 7:46pm

I'll be there,  no way i can do the HHH -- too many family obligations.    I'll probably ride out from the house early, do a loop and meet you guys at RBM..

Quote from jayg on Aug 26th, 2015, 7:12pm:
Quote from TonyWard on Aug 26th, 2015, 6:42pm:

We will ride on Saturday, regardless of RBM employee participation, like we did last month.

I'm thinking somewhere between 11:30 and 12:00 for lunch at Braum's.

Email   IP Logged
Mdicke

rbent member

Reply #13 - Aug 26th, 2015, 8:20pm

Not going to make it this month.  I get to go spend the weekend with 75 high schooler for thier choir camp.    Smiley

Rans F5
Catrike 700
Specialized Allez (DF)
  IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #14 - Aug 27th, 2015, 10:55am

Is anyone interested in doing an after-lunch loop?  

Quote from Mdicke on Aug 26th, 2015, 8:20pm:
Not going to make it this month.  I get to go spend the weekend with 75 high schooler for thier choir camp.    Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print