Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:08am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Recumbent-friendly shops -- resource thread (Read 28511 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Recumbent-friendly shops -- resource thread
Jun 20th, 2015, 2:01pm

In the interests of "knowledge is power," I thought it might be good to have a single "sticky" thread for information about good, recumbent-friendly/knowledgeable (or just GOOD) bike shops that you've had personal experience with...   ALMOST an advertising area, but at least information about a particular shop, location, inventory, people contacts, etc.  Let's try to avoid long discussions about good vs. bad experiences...  this is intended to be a "resource listing" thread.   Let's also try to avoid slamming a BAD shop (too much), just in the interests of positivity -- but if there's a significant concern about a place, let your concerns be known.

If you're an RBENT poster who also owns/works at a particular shop (like Andy Baker in OKC), feel free to post about your shop -- but please include mention of your affiliation, for transparency.

The focus is mainly Texas/OK (since this IS "RBENT"), but a blurb about a shop in another part of the country is welcome, too - I visited RPDX in Portland OR last month, and it's worthy of mention, for sure.

Bud, would you make this a "sticky" topic in the Lobby?

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Recumbent-friendly shops -- resource thread
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2015, 2:24pm

Since I started it, I'll start with a posting about John's Bicycles in Lancaster, Tx...

John's Bicycles
157 Historic Town Square
Lancaster, TX 75146
Shop:  972-227-7360
Cell: 972-765-3952

Tuesday thru Friday: 10 - 1   and   3 - 6
                  Saturday: 10 - 3

I've known John Paulus (the Boss) for a couple years now, and find him to be straightforward and knowledgeable, and a meticulous, detail-oriented wrench as well.  His main guy Michael is learning quickly, as well, and has been with John for a couple years now.  I've purchased my last three bikes from John - the "ghost" Xstream, he built up the Rocket, and most recently, our Tour II trike.

I'm actually going to post a writeup that John himself sent me, about his shop.

John sez:

"Our goal is to become the "preferred destination" in DFW for trike and recumbent service, as well as the preferred source for selected brands of new trikes and new recumbents.  Our revised web site (johnsbicycles.com), which just went live a few days ago, is a first step in communicating the priority that we are placing on recumbents.

We will keep our traditional focus on friendly, expert service -- for all brands of trikes and recumbents, not just the ones we sell.  We have a good amount of floor space dedicated to recumbent two wheelers and trikes.   As always, the torque wrenches & detailed service checklists will be in constant, diligent use, as will the special tools needed for recumbents to work their best (e.g., tapping and facing tools).  

John's Bicycles became a Terra Trike dealer early this year.  We now stock a minimum of 3 Terra Trikes at all times for test rides.  We also stock a good selection of Terra Trike accessories.   As a result of the  number of buyers in the past 3 months, we were recently designated as a Terra Trike "PREMIER DEALER" and are listed as such on the TT web site http://www.terratrike.com/dealersearch.php.

We have developed initial trike-specific precision setup checklists, and are working on more for additional models, in recognition of the unique procedures and care that proper trike setup requires.  Many customers have told me that there are few, if any, shops that place as much emphasis as we do on proper setup and fitting to the individual customer.

We strongly encourage potential buyers to test ride trikes & recumbents before they buy. Our small-town, low-traffic location is conducive to thorough test rides, and we offer a "casual" ride every Saturday, especially designed for new riders.

Of course, we are also a RANS Bikes recumbent dealer.  The StratusXP long-wheelbase recumbent is my own preferred bike.  Within the next two weeks we will have a Stratus XP on the floor for test rides.  We are happy to custom-order RANS bikes of all kinds.

Finally, we continue to stock several models of Sun trikes, including deltas and tadpoles.  We have sold over 20 Sun delta trikes in the past 4 years, and have also sold several Sun 2-wheel recumbents.

In Colorado, John's Bicycles does business as:
Lake City Bicycles (open June -  Sept)
PO Box 730
Lake City, CO 81235
Shop:  970-944-0405
Cell: 972-765-3952

« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2015, 2:25pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2015, 2:39pm

Here's the post that PhantomRider put up a while back about Bonzai:

Bonzai CycleWerx is another Terratrike dealer in the area.  I talked with Brian(owner) this afternoon and he is quite excited about this new opportunity.  They will now carry Catrike and Terratrike trikes and will have accessories as well.  Brian is working on his initial order of Terratrikes and Accessories so if there is something you would like feel free to contact the shop and get it on the initial order as the dealership launches.  Most of you have read of my posts and faith in these guys over the years, I have been working on them to get involved in the Bent business and we all know we need a bent shop in the metromess so lets get out and support them.  They have also recently become a Bacchetta dealer.

http://bonzaicyclewerx.bike the Facebook link is on the website if you prefer that method or you can just pick up the phone and call at 817.886.4747  

Brian Buell is the owner and senior UBI certified Tech.  Some of you may know Brian from years past when he was with Bicycles Inc in Hurst.  6+ years ago Brian started the shop and I have been a customer for the last 4-5 years.  Brian has worked on my MTB, Catrike, Lightning Phantom, P-38, Rans Rifle and now my CA2.  I had issues with the drivetrain on my new CA2 that no one could solve and he worked through them to provide me with a machine that works as it should have all along.  The techs are great, work well together and listen to you when you come in.  

Your new bike comes free maintenance for the life of the bike while you're the owner. That's a great deal!  

I would imagine several of you know JD if not by name by face as he came from the RBM store at WRL and has been with Bonzai a couple years now.  JD is an excellent wheel guy, built from scratch, true, bearing upgrades and brought some bent experience with him from his RBM days.  

Frank is a road guy and has great technical skills, listens to what you have to say and will ensure you are satisfied with his work before you leave.  Frank worked in the shop a few years ago and had moved to El Paso but hs recently returned to the area.  Frank also leads the Saturday morning drop rides at a typical pace of 20 and welcomes all riders regardless of the platform.  

Dominic has great tech skills and is very intent in the BMX/MTB arena but can work on anything.  Dom has been with the shop about 2 years now.  

« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2015, 2:43pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2015, 2:52pm

If you're traveling to the Pacific Northwest, the newly-opened RecumbentPDX store in Portland is trike heaven... owned by Mel and Janet Birge, recent transplants from the Chicago area.  

2025 SE Hawthorne Blvd Portland, OR 97214     503-231-1000  Info@RecumbentPDX.com

They are serious about providing the right trike (or two wheeled 'bent) for someone, and handle Azub, HPV, Catrike, TT, Sun, Bacchetta, Optima, RANS, and almost anyone else you can think of -- they have about 30 trikes on the floor, and another 50+ in their basement inventory -- the intent is to not have to wait on manufacturer lead times - you want it now, they should have it!

They're also very focused on "Adaptive" cycling, carrying various custom parts made by TerraCycle.

They also RENT!!!!!

They've got a wrench staff that's got some good experience, as well.

Open: Wed.- Fri. 11am till 6pm
Open: Sat. 11am till 5pm
Open: Sun. 12pm till 5pm

« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2015, 2:58pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2015, 10:20pm

Colonels Bikes here in Fort Worth is good to deal with. They don't sell 'bents or claim to be experts on them, but they do good work and they build excellent wheels. They used to be on University near TCU, but now they're on Foch street (careful how you say that!), located a block off of W 7'th street near the old Mongomery Ward building.

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2015, 5:32am

I'll put a plug out there for the good folks at Cadence Cyclery.

They are a good group of people and have been very recumbent friendly to us, of course we bribe them with bagels, coffee, and occasionally beer so that helps.

They've even worked on our Seavo tandem without an issue.

As a former bike shop wrench, I have no problem having them work on our bikes as needed and their customer service has always been outstanding.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
catroad254

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2015, 4:30pm

If you want a high performance bent, I would recommend Vite Bikes http://vitebikes.com/ in Venice, Fl. They are currently operating by appointment only but they also do a healthy mail order business.

For those that may not know, the shop is owned by John & Jacquie Schlitter who are both well know in endurance racing.  John also sells the Schlitter Encore recumbent bike which he designed.

Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2015, 11:25pm

Have to put in a good word for Oak Cliff Bicycle Company. They don't sell bents but have always been agreeable about helping me get parts and installing them correctly. Last week they ordered a new brake for my Phantom and had shipping expedited so the bike would be ready for me to take to Clarksville.  It is a small shop so they usually have me keep my bike or trike at home until the part arrives, then install it when I bring it in. Nice folks, good service.

Address:  408 N Bishop Ave, Dallas, TX 75208
Phone:  (214) 941-0010

ocbicycleco.com

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2015, 2:29pm by Patti »  
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #8 - Jun 29th, 2015, 2:07pm

Thanks, folks!  Keep up the good work...  HOWEVER, please include address and contact information in your posts, if you know it - and go back and Edit your prior post.

Regarding Vite Bikes, yes, J&J have closed their store location, and are working out of their garage (essentially) doing custom order builds...  they discovered that having a retail location brought in a pile of non-recumbent maintenance/repair work, which took too much time and resources away from their 'bent focus and new Encore builds.    Please check out their website, for more info.

PB

Denman

rbent member

Reply #9 - Jun 30th, 2015, 9:27am

Zach Kaplan Cycles
1518 Buena Vista Ave.
Alameda, CA, 94501-1218
510-522-BENT (2368)

We've ordered a pair of HPV's from Zach; shipping cost was 1/3 of Taxus State Sales tax.

Zach has a wide range of products and an unmatched level of integrity.  What more can be said?

Email   IP Logged
GBRAD

rbent member

Reply #10 - Feb 10th, 2016, 4:30pm

I live near Wichita Falls, TX, and there are no recumbent shops in my immediate area.  I have been spending 5 hours driving to Easy Street in Austin, and have contemplated John's Bikes in Lancaster, some 3 hours drive away.  I heard about Pro Bike Inc in Oklahoma City, and thought I would give it a try, since it was only a 2-hour drive away.  To my surprise, Pro Bike is a recumbent dealer, handling Catrike, Bacchetta, Rans and many diamond frame brands.  They have been in business since 1973, and have a wealth of knowledge on all types of bikes and trikes.  John - the owner, and Andy - the mechanic, not only work on recumbents, but also ride them.  I have seen Andy at several rides, including HHH100 and HOT, on a recumbent bike, and I know his love of recumbents runs deep.  Although the shop is fairly small, it is filled to capacity with bikes, helmets, shoes and lots of other cycling items and clothing.  They seem to have everything I ask for in stock - I don't know HOW they manage to do it!  But then, he DOES have another storage building close by, so it's not magic after all!  My experiences at Pro Bike have been extremely satisfactory, and I will continue to place my confidence in their work.
Pro Bike Inc
5820 NW 63rd St
Oklahoma City, OK  73132
email: okiebiker@aol.com
phone: 405 721-6707

« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2016, 4:31pm by GBRAD »  
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #11 - Feb 16th, 2016, 12:37pm

Agreed, Andy knows what he's doing, and has been a 'bentrider for several years...  I've ridden with him at both HHH and previous RANS Rallys...

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #12 - Feb 16th, 2016, 12:42pm

Another Portland shop (what IS it with the PNW??) -- Rose City Recumbent Cycles, owned by  

http://www.rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/   located at 3700 SE Powell Blvd in SE Portland.  They built a brand new shop a year ago.  They are actually located right beside TerraCycle!!!!

Jonathan Garcia is an experienced recumbent guy, and a Cruzbike expert...  If you ever get out there, it's worth a visit!!!  He took over the place from Marilyn Hayward after she passed away.

Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #13 - Feb 20th, 2016, 8:15am

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Feb 16th, 2016, 12:42pm:
(what IS it with the PNW??)

Yeah, I've always thought that.  Especially with so much rain there, how is the cycling culture so strong?  How is it one of the most cycling friendly places in the US?  

« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016, 2:26pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #14 - Feb 22nd, 2016, 2:27pm

Quote from Action Lad on Feb 20th, 2016, 8:15am:
Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Feb 16th, 2016, 12:42pm:
(what IS it with the PNW??)

Yeah, I've always thought that.  Especially with so much rain there, how is the cycling culture so strong?  How is it one of the most cycling friendly places in the US?  

The wet conditions up there are what made Rothgeb switch from Xstream to trike...   Smiley

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #15 - Feb 22nd, 2016, 2:29pm

Just a note of interest...   John Paulus at John's Bicycles is continuing to expand his recumbent dealer relationships...  more news to follow...

Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #16 - Feb 24th, 2016, 11:55am

I see John is changing the name of his shop too. It is now John's Trikes and Bikes. As much as I enjoy going to Austin on occasion, it is really nice to have someone closer who is taking a real interest in trikes, both sales and service. The expansion he has done on his shop is very nice and the new, trike-friendly workbench is great.

« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016, 11:58am by Patti »  
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #17 - Feb 28th, 2016, 4:55pm

Dealer-related update from John's Trikes and Bikes, in Lancaster...

<<... We are now becoming a new Catrike "Concept" dealer, meaning one with all Catrike models available for test rides. Please tell anyone who you would like to contact me or Michael Garza, and we will make a prompt appointment for a shop visit and test ride.  Of course, we also have TerraTrike and Greenspeed trikes ready for test rides.

John's Trikes & Bikes has now received all 7 of our initial Catrikes (one of each model), and we have another Catrike 700 on the way (in Atomic Orange). As noted below, almost half will be on the floor and "demo-ready" on Tuesday.  The rest will be ready by the end of the week.

More specifically, when the shop reopens on Tuesday, March 1, at least 3 models will be fully ready for demo rides, meaning they will have gone through our Precision Setup, including tensioned, tension-balanced, trued & dished wheels; torquing of fasteners per documented torque specs; test rides; & followup adjustments.  

The demo-ready models on Tuesday will be the 700 (Liquid Black), the 559 (neon Green -- Wow! -- much better than it shows in any photo), and the Pocket (Candy Purple).  The Road (Electric Blue), Villager (Atomic Orange), Expedition (Lava Red), and Trail (Shiny Mango) will take just a few more days to get through the Precision Setup process.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Congrats to John!!!

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #18 - Mar 17th, 2016, 11:28am

Another update from John Paulus:

FYI, we just leased an additional space a few doors to the West.   It will not be ready for month or more. Will be used initially for customers to be able to see completed "backup" trikes (backup to the demos we have in the showroom).  And extra new bikes too.  Maybe even some recumbent 2-wheelers!

jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #19 - Jul 22nd, 2016, 6:22pm

Drove to RBM's Garland Rd. store (near WRL) this afternoon to buy an insulated water bottle for tomorrow's East Side ride. Was surprised to see a new Catrike Trail and a new Catrike 5.5.9. on the floor.  I've been shopping at this store since 2006, and this is the first time I've seen recumbents on display. Guess they will also be servicing trikes.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #20 - Jul 22nd, 2016, 10:30pm

Quote from jayg on Jul 22nd, 2016, 6:22pm:
Drove to RBM's Garland Rd. store (near WRL) this afternoon to buy an insulated water bottle for tomorrow's East Side ride. Was surprised to see a new Catrike Trail and a new Catrike 5.5.9. on the floor.  I've been shopping at this store since 2006, and this is the first time I've seen recumbents on display. Guess they will also be servicing trikes.

Will wonders never cease? Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #21 - Jul 23rd, 2016, 1:55pm

Quote from Action Lad on Jul 22nd, 2016, 10:30pm:
Quote from jayg on Jul 22nd, 2016, 6:22pm:

Will wonders never cease? Smiley

Speaking of wonders, wonder if we will see any of the trikes they sell at WRL? Except for the Clowns' trikes, trike sightings have been rare at the lake when we are riding.

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #22 - Nov 7th, 2016, 8:48am

November update on John's shop in Lancaster, Tx:  There is indeed a trike destination/specialty shop in DFW.

The shop name is now John's Trikes & Bikes in order to reflect the shop's major and growing commitment to trikes in the past couple years.  The shop now has a broad selection of Catrike, TerraTrike, Trident, Greenspeed, and Sun trikes in stock.  The shop continues to be a RANS recumbent dealer.  This year the shop became an authorized and very active dealer for BionX electric assist systems for both trikes and bikes.

In early 2016, the shop expanded to become a high-level Catrike "Concept" dealer, committed to having all 7 models are on the floor to test ride.  In addition to the 7 demo Catrikes, there are currently over 20 other Catrikes in stock in various models and colors, and a Dumont is on its way...  John likes to ride a 559 on the store social rides.

After the recent trip to Recumbent Cycle-Con, they now are a Trident dealer, as well --they have the Spike, Stowaway, Titan, and TWIG models on the floor, some of them in multiple colors.  Tridents tend to be at significantly lower price points than many other trike makers, but John considers their features (e.g., adjustability, handling, quality) to be quite good.

In the Greenspeed line, the shop stocks the Magnum tadpole and the Anura, one of only a few high-quality delta trikes available.

All of the mechanics (John, Michael, Patti, and Rhett) service and set up trikes and recumbents on a daily basis.  John and Patti are dedicated recumbent riders -- they each own multiple trikes.

The shop continues to put a great deal of effort into developing & updating checklists to make sure that trikes and bikes are set up properly, including the tensioning/truing/and dishing of all wheels on every new trike or bike.   Each trike and bike has it's own individual checklist(s), and they aren't sold until the checking, test-riding, and readjustments are completed.  

Joe Bob sez, check 'em out!  (for you DMN readers from the 1980s)

Paul

{Nov 11 update:  John's is now an ICE dealer, as well!!!}

« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2016, 11:47am by FlyingLaZBoy »  

jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #23 - Nov 11th, 2016, 9:09am

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Nov 7th, 2016, 8:48am:
November update on John's shop in Lancaster, Tx:  There is indeed a trike destination/specialty shop in DFW.

The shop name is now John's Trikes & Bikes in order to reflect the shop's major and growing commitment to trikes in the past couple years.  The shop now has a broad selection of Catrike, TerraTrike, Trident, Greenspeed, and Sun trikes in stock.  The shop continues to be a RANS recumbent dealer.  This year the shop became an authorized and very active dealer for BionX electric assist systems for both trikes and bikes.

Joe Bob sez, check 'em out!  (for you DMN readers from the 1980s)

Paul

Jay Bob wonders why John's is not an ICE trike dealer. Great trikes (I own one), but closest dealers to DFW are in Livingston, OK and Austin, TX.

« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2016, 11:48am by FlyingLaZBoy »  
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #24 - Nov 11th, 2016, 11:46am

Quote from jayg on Nov 11th, 2016, 9:09am:

Jay Bob wonders why John's is not an ICE trike dealer. Great trikes (I own one), but closest dealers to DFW are in Livingston, OK and Austin, TX.

Gotcha covered, pal -- as of TODAY, he is, and has at least two trikes on order.

Paul

jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #25 - Nov 11th, 2016, 2:37pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Nov 11th, 2016, 11:46am:
Quote from jayg on Nov 11th, 2016, 9:09am:

Gotcha covered, pal -- as of TODAY, he is, and has at least two trikes on order.

Paul

That's really good news.  

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #26 - Mar 6th, 2018, 11:48am

Thanks for recommending Bonsia Cycles Joe. I had trouble keeping the front derailleur adjusted. The mechanic had it fixed in a few minutes and the price was great! Brian said you were a nice guy too. Let's get together soon for a ride.

Jerry

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #27 - Mar 6th, 2018, 2:58pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Mar 6th, 2018, 11:48am:
Thanks for recommending Bonsia Cycles Joe. I had trouble keeping the front derailleur adjusted. The mechanic had it fixed in a few minutes and the price was great! Brian said you were a nice guy too. Let's get together soon for a ride.

Jerry

Sure thing, glad they could help you out.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Trike Mike

rbent member

Reply #28 - Jan 5th, 2019, 9:29am

New as of July 2018, Easy Street Recumbents, www.WeMakeCyclingEasy.com , has a new shop in Keller, just north of Fort Worth at 2041 Rufe Snow Dr #101, Keller, TX 76248 (at the intersections with N. Tarrant Parkway).  The shop stocks:
  • Catrike (complete line, Concept level dealer),
  • TerraTrike (complete line, Lifestyle shop),
  • AZUB trikes and bikes, exclusive Texas dealer for such (TiFly, TriCon, and T-tris demonstators, MAX, Six and Origami demonstrators),  
  • some Bacchetta bikes, some Lightning, some Sun Seeker.  

The Keller shop does not actively stock ICE, but the Austin shop does and we can move demo trikes between shops, so if you want to see ICE models that can be arranged (we currently have the Adventure FS, Sprint X Tour, Adventure HD w/ STEPS and Alfine-11, and the VTX when available).  If you have an ICE we will have parts or can get them quickly without a shipping fee.  We are a little familiar with HP Velotechnik, formerly the largest of their dealers in the south (we chose another path), and Greenspeed, being a dealer of such but not committed enough to stock them.  We can also talk intelligently about BikeE, Vision, Rans, Organic Engines, Human Powered Machines, Lightfoot, and Comfort Cycle, having been dealers for all of these brands over the years (outlasting most of them, sadly.)

We also have a large selection of Schwalbe tires and tubes, and all the rest of the stuff you'd expect to find.  Easy Street has been recumbent-exclusive since 1996, so we won't be too surprised by anything you bring in.  We've made a career of this, not a hobby done in our retirement.  Rental and delivery services are getting going at the Austin shop and are not so developed at Keller, but feel free to inquire about them.  We're here to make cycling easy for you, and that includes the shopping part.

We are located directly on bike trail, with the intention of your using it for test rides.  The shop set up is a little odd (no surprise considering the guy who owns the place), with the showroom entrance in the BACK.  This means the showroom door accesses a large open riding area with little traffic and plenty of room for loading and unloading.  The showroom entrance is also close to the trail access.

The shop is managed by Micah Simmons, who has been in the bike business for over 25 years.  If you come in you'll deal with Micah.  We're committed to expanding the recumbent presence in the DFW area, so look for shop events coming, such as the Heart of Texas Recumbent Rally, Glamping Trips, and Community Rides.  We support www.BikeDFW.org and hope you do too.

http://www.wemakecyclingeasy.com/esr-fort-worth-contact-directions/
https://www.facebook.com/EasyStreetNorthTexas
https://www.facebook.com/HOTRecumbentRally
Newsletter:  http://www.wemakecyclingeasy.com/subscribe/

« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2019, 9:31am by Trike Mike »  
Email WWW   IP Logged
Coach

rbent member

Reply #29 - Mar 14th, 2023, 10:01pm

I found Bike Mart in McKinney to provide excellent service on my first visit even though I purchased my Catrike Villager from another shop. I plan to continue taking my trike to Bike Mart as I get more into it. I did not find the dealer where I purchased my trike to be focused on the customer. It was all about the sell and and adding to the bottom line. I did not get the sense that I was a valued customer. Bike Mart is the place to go in the Dallas area in my humble opinion.

« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2024, 1:29am by Coach »  
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print