Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 20th, 2024, 10:49am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
First Post-Surgery Ride (Read 4364 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: First Post-Surgery Ride
Reply #15 - Mar 27th, 2015, 7:46pm

You have to use the straps to take them off also. You have to keep the bead low so the tire can be pulled over the rim. I can do it without using tire levers...most times! Just make sure to squeeze the air out of the tire 1st. It is harder to get them off sometimes, but if you work the bead down just like putting them on and using the straps, you should be able to use the tire lever to get it started off the rim. Good luck.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2015, 7:58pm

Good to hear you are able to get out so quickly, Patti.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #17 - Mar 31st, 2015, 1:25pm

Recovery has been really easy. Did a ride with some Easy Street folks on Saturday in Austin on the Walnut Creek Trail. Very nice ride with a couple of hills. We only did a short route, about 8 miles but it showed me that I was ready to go back to some climbing. No problems.  

BTW, used that velcro strap trick when putting on my new Marathon Racer. Worked exceedingly well and I got the tire ( folder, not wire bead ) on without a tool. Amazing! Looking forward to trying that on one of my Duranos, although my next set of those will be folders too.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print