Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 26th, 2024, 10:10am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just Ride For a Just Cause (Read 1202 times)
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Just Ride For a Just Cause
Nov 17th, 2014, 10:54am

We did the first annual Just Ride For a Just Cause in Simonton on November 15. This was the first year for the ride, and we were BLOWN AWAY at the fantastic job they did with it.  

It was cool way out in the country (Simonton has a population of 824), but we never got cold or hot. PERFECT. They had breakfast for the riders (complete with hot chocolate - yum!) before we got rolling, and that set the pace for a fun ride.

The rides above the 11 mile route we mainly on Farm Roads. NO shoulders, but practically zero traffic. But we figured it out and planned to do the 11 mile route TWICE. It was on fantastic back country roads. We saw 2 cars the entire ride. Miles of mansions, cattle and horses and pecan groves and pastures. Just SOOOOO relaxing and fun to ride.  

They had a YUMMY lunch for us when we got back. A really neat twist -- they gave away DaFeet socks with the Just Ride logo on them instead of shirts! Really tickled with that!

This ride was staged to benefit a charity that provides assistance to victims of sexual trafficking. Not a topic that is pleasant to think about. They had a fantastic display showing their charity and those they have helped, and I can sure tell you it did my heart good to know I was helping such a fantastic organization. Most of the victims are young girls. This charity is able to help them escape and get as reasonable of a normal life as possible.  

They will be having this ride every year now. If you are in the mood to get away for some FANTASTIC riding  (hey - we can move the fun over to the G
George Bush Park trails not far from there after the Just Ride if you want to!), please leave a space open on your calendar in 2015 for this ride.  

Sweet P had to stay with Granny that morning -- too cool for her. But this weekend it is supposed to be 75 degrees. Drat -- she could have ridden this weekend!!

« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014, 10:55am by texpug »  

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Re: Just Ride For a Just Cause
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2014, 6:08pm

Nice ride report! If the roads are smooth I may set aside that date for next year, and if they move it to your suggested route, I'll be there for sure!

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Just Ride For a Just Cause
Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2014, 7:35pm

Am I to believe country roads could have NO chipseal?  Sounds like Heaven to me, or at least you could see Heaven from there!  
The ride is for such a good cause.  Was there a certain amount above the normal registration cost for the sake of the victims?  Boy, if people could just get it into their brains that the various kinds of sexual exploitation ruins peoples' lives...sigh!  At least these folks are doing something about it.  God Bless their heart.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print