Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 24th, 2024, 8:21am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recumbent fun down south (Read 427 times)
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Recumbent fun down south
Oct 26th, 2014, 4:03pm

For those of you who were not anle to make it down for the Houston Haunt, just wanted to let you know know it was a BLAST and we have it penciled in for 2015!

Saturday morning was a GREAT ride at George Bush Park. Some did 15 miles and some kept on going. We met up for the Greasy Street Lunch ( a pun on Easy Street - the sponsor) at Steve and Nancy Jackson's. Great friends, great rides and GREAT FOOD!!!

Then down for our naps!  Smiley  Met up at 10 that night for the Moonlight Ramble ride through downtown Houston. WOO HOO!!! They give 6 prizes -- first, second and third for best costume and best lights. Recumbents won two of them!!!  Neil carter won FIRST PLACE  for best lights! Greg, Sweet P and I won 2nd for best costume (we was robbed! ha ha ha). Pretty good out of about 2,000 riders!  We had a BLAST riding together.

Mark your calendars for 2015 for the last Saturday in October. BOO!

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Recumbent fun down south
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2014, 4:05pm

I don't know how to resize the photo! Sorry!

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
shellbear

Re: Recumbent fun down south
Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2014, 1:06pm

I loved seeing all the photos of peoples' costumes!  Looks like it was a great time.  Smiley

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print