Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:21am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: My twice weekly ride photos. (Read 4877 times)
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: My twice weekly ride photos.
Oct 24th, 2014, 5:13pm

Ill bite, just where might I find those hills?

They look "fun"..

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2014, 6:06pm

Kind of thought that looked a bit like Missouri...  I've done some riding around the Stockton Missouri, they're some real "leg breakers" for hills around there.

Is the BAM, (Bike across Missouri) still ongoing?  Might have to add it to a future to do list if so..

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2014, 7:36pm

If you ride those all the time...HHH will be nothing cept' for the crowd that'll kill ya.

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #3 - Oct 24th, 2014, 8:36pm

Looks like a beatutiful Place to ride.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
bob wand
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 24th, 2014, 9:04pm

Quote from Phantom Rider on Oct 24th, 2014, 8:36pm:
Looks like a beatutiful Place to ride.

Rode thru there once on a coast to coast tour.It was a 75 mile day, but upper New York was a little harder 15 and 17 mile climbs.

IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2014, 7:37pm

Oh, hills are so good for you, like bitter vegetables packed with muscular dynamite.  It only takes getting used to the taste. I sure wish I lived nearby.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2014, 8:59am

Key, you just haven't found the hills in town then!  Try the two hills over by the SSI office.  Bush Dr, and the next one to the south by the Soc. Sec. Office.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Nov 1st, 2014, 9:13pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Oct 27th, 2014, 8:59am:
Key, you just haven't found the hills in town then!  Try the two hills over by the SSI office.  Bush Dr, and the next one to the south by the Soc. Sec. Office.

Vic,
Re the SSI office, I have gone past the front on that access road, (don't know its name).  Or, if you mean Eldorado headed east to turn right to go past the SSI office, done it.  Now Virginia is quite something as you go past the high school, but bother, bother, all the cars.  No peace.  Give me some intersections for locators.

IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2014, 9:32pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Oct 27th, 2014, 2:22pm:
Action Lad you are soooo right!. They hurt, but man do they help. Kind of like Popeye and spinach! You can go over 200 miles either direction through MO and AR and never be out of the hills. Although I ride them all the time, I am still slow up them. But that being said, I can go slow all day and into the night because I do ride them.  By the way, I love your youtube videos on the 700.

Just like the Bible says, "All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness." Hebrews 12:11
Hill discipline yields a much higher pace uphill. (disclaimer: your mileage may vary)   Smiley

More vids in the pipeline to edit.  I've been working seven days a week for the past month, so the gears in my rear haven't been shifting so well.  Smiley
Thanks for the kind words.  

IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Nov 3rd, 2014, 8:16am

Key here is a link to one of my hilly Strava rides.  http://www.strava.com/activities/213563873  or this one, http://www.strava.com/activities/210780994

Quote from Action Lad on Nov 1st, 2014, 9:13pm:
Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Oct 27th, 2014, 8:59am:

Vic,
Re the SSI office, I have gone past the front on that access road, (don't know its name).  Or, if you mean Eldorado headed east to turn right to go past the SSI office, done it.  Now Virginia is quite something as you go past the high school, but bother, bother, all the cars.  No peace.  Give me some intersections for locators.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #10 - Nov 3rd, 2014, 4:49pm

Key,

Here is today's batch of hills..  

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - Nov 18th, 2014, 7:40pm

Quote from dd5339 on Nov 3rd, 2014, 4:49pm:
Key,

Here is today's batch of hills..  

Semper Fi

Thanks, Vic!

Dave,  
That graphic looks like a shark's smile!  Delicious hills.  I took them in with cup of espresso.

IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #12 - Nov 22nd, 2014, 1:25pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Nov 21st, 2014, 3:24pm:
I can tell I am 62 years old. I haven't had a chance to ride this my twice weekly ride for 4 weeks. Until today. Man I was sucking air, sweating with 3 layers on going up hill and freezing going downhill. Had to stop 3-4 times on each of the 6 big hills. My legs fill like jelly now! Anyone else feel like they get out of shape in just a few days? Then it feels like it takes weeks to get back in shape.

For me, it's my wind that gets reduced first.  I get out of breath faster in the first couple of week of no riding.  When I haven't ridden in a month, my legs are really struggling to get back to the same condition in which they were.  That's my yearly pendulum swing during the coldest winters.  Come spring, the birds are on wing, but my wings need some work!   Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print