Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:43am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello. all clowns! (Read 688 times)
Lrodshy57

rbent member

Hello. all clowns!
Oct 22nd, 2012, 8:46am

This last Subday, I snuck off to WRL and stoped by barbec for lunch,not really expecting find you guys, but we needed to eat, so I tried the chicken fried steak, sorry to say, it was tuf, could not cut it with fork, any tuffer and I don't like it, if needs a knife
I noticed a bunch of interesting birdhouses inside of room on very high shelf!wonder why they don't let birds use them! Did any of you clowns make them? might they want any more?
Btw, never saw any other bents on trail was parked by Winfrey point rode to garland bridge and back/forth on DragonFlyer

Lrodshy

Email   IP Logged
LightningPilot

Re: Hello. all clowns!
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2012, 4:28pm

Quote from Lrodshy57 on Oct 22nd, 2012, 8:46am:
This last Subday, I snuck off to WRL and stoped by barbec for lunch,not really expecting find you guys, but we needed to eat, so I tried the chicken fried steak, sorry to say, it was tuf, could not cut it with fork, any tuffer and I don't like it, if needs a knife
I noticed a bunch of interesting birdhouses inside of room on very high shelf!wonder why they don't let birds use them! Did any of you clowns make them? might they want any more?
Btw, never saw any other bents on trail was parked by Winfrey point rode to garland bridge and back/forth on DragonFlyer

Lrodshy

We eat breakfast at Barbec's Smiley My favorite chicken fried steak place is Jake and Dorothy's in Stephenville. We ate there both going and coming to the Hill Country for the Leakey Death Ride this weekend.

http://www.jakeanddorothyscafe.com/

Carolyn Trimble
2001 Lightning P38
2005 Lightning P38
2000 Litespeed Ultimate
1988 Hujsak Century
  IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Hello. all clowns!
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:16pm

Quote from LightningPilot on Oct 22nd, 2012, 4:28pm:
Quote from Lrodshy57 on Oct 22nd, 2012, 8:46am:

Lrodshy

We eat breakfast at Barbec's Smiley My favorite chicken fried steak place is Jake and Dorothy's in Stephenville. We ate there both going and coming to the Hill Country for the Leakey Death Ride this weekend.

http://www.jakeanddorothyscafe.com/

Yum.  I investigated, 'cause if there's one thing I like, it's chicken fried steak.  Also, biscuits and gravy with chunks of sausage.  I'm from New England where it's a foreign dish to many.  Then, I discovered the the restaurant was started by Jake and Dorothy Roach.  What a hoot!  It's worth the 2 hour and 35 minute drive from McKinney just for that.   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print