Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 8th, 2024, 9:24am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(SOLD 5/15) Rans F5 (Read 1782 times)
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

(SOLD 5/15) Rans F5
May 5th, 2012, 9:31am

(SOLD 5/15)

It's time for me to switch bikes.  In order for that to happen I have to let go of my current ride to free up the budget money.

This is a go-fast thoroughbred, thru and thru.  I've hit 49.7 mph on this on a recent downhill.  I would keep it, but I find myself wanting to ride the road less traveled and explore the local gravel roads.  In order to do that, I need more clearance for bigger and fatter tires and the F5 just doesn't offer it since it's a pure speed machine.

What I have is a standard size Rans F5 that I bought as new old stock from Oklahoma Recumbent Road Bikes last October.

The bike has about 2000 miles on it and has been stored inside.  It's been ridden around the north Texas area in usually dry conditions, (sprinkled on a few times plus sprinkler puddles on the local Multi User Path).  It's taken me to my first century in about 20 years, my first ever Brevet with Lone Star Randonneurs, and from about 230 pounds down to 188.  Please note the 650c wheels have only about 50 miles on them, as I was using a 559 wheelset.

I've had one fall on it and that was an "Artie Johnson", (slow speed tip over).  The only thing scratched was the left brake lever and a raspberry on my hip.  The bike does show the usual light paint scratches from being ridden, it also has an example of a not so great paint job on the left rear stay, (see pictures).

I can offer detailed pictures of the bike if you provide me your email.

I am asking $1200.  I am in the Dallas Forth Worth Texas area,  local pickup is of course preferred, delivery at reasonable distance is possible.  Shipping and insurance will be at the buyers expense.  Right now, I'd like to limit shipping to the continental US.  Terms of payment are Paypal or cash if local pickup.

Please contact me via either PM's here on the board or email.

Frame:            Tig Welded 4130 CroMo Steel

Fork:                  RANS 650 Carbon

Seat Height:      23.75" to 25.5"

Seat:                  RANS Hoagie

Handlebar:            RANS B-39

Riser:                  RANS B-42

Headset:            Ritchey Logic Threadless 1", Headset Adjuster

Bottom Bracket:      Truvativ

Crankset:            Truvativ Elita 52/39/30

Chain:            KMC Z9000

Front derailleur:      RANS Microshift

Rear derailleur:      SRAM SX5

Fr/Rear Shifter:      Upgraded SRAM SX7 trigger shifters 9-Speed

Brakes:            Shimano 105, with upgraded Kool Stop Salmon pads

Brake levers:      Tektro MT2.1

Fr/Rear Wheel:      Jalco DRX 4000

Fr/Rear Tires:      Schwalbe Stelvios 650 x 23

Cassette:            SRAM 950 11/32 9-Speed

Gear Inches:      25.3-127.6

Bike Weight:      25.4 lbs

Overall Length:      73.75"

Color:                  Bullet Silver/Blue

Weight Limit:      260lbs

Semper Fi

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012, 7:00am by FlyingLaZBoy »  
Email   IP Logged
Rat Rider
Ex Member

Re: Rans F5 for sale
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2012, 11:26am

This is an excellent bike, currently my favorite ride. If it will help someone with a buying decision, note that 650's are not the only option. My bike is geometrically identical, but I run 559's (mtb wheels). The only adjustment was the addition of tektro long reach caliper brakes (not expensive). I am able to use 1.3" tires on the front and wider in the back, currently conti contacts - this is the equivalent up front of a 559x32/33, much more acceptable for commuting, utility etc.
R

« Last Edit: May 5th, 2012, 11:28am by Rat Rider »  

Metabike Mystique
Lightning Phantom II
CruzRocket indoor recumbent Zwift trainer
Ranger
Dakota

Need dependable wheels?
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2012, 10:50pm

Oh I didn't realize that was you!  Sent you a PM on bentrider.  It's too bad those don;t take 700c wheels.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2012, 9:05pm

Bike is now sold.  Aikigreg gave it a good home.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print