Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 28th, 2024, 2:26pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 213735 times)
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #615 - Oct 18th, 2015, 5:59pm

Are you new to triking, in general?  Have you had a trike of any kind before?  Just curious.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #616 - Oct 18th, 2015, 6:04pm

I've ridden them, even raced a couple, including a prototype from Freenspeed, but never owned.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Mdicke

rbent member

Reply #617 - Oct 18th, 2015, 7:44pm

Thàt's pretty cool!!   Hmmmm. How about "yellow bullet"   Grin. Sorry just had to go there.

Rans F5
Catrike 700
Specialized Allez (DF)
  IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #618 - Nov 7th, 2015, 7:43am

Zotefoam seat pad added to the CA2 yesterday and rode 35 miles on it.  Quite comfortable but need more miles before final judgement, unfortunately this mornings rain killed my planned 100k.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #619 - Nov 15th, 2015, 6:13pm

Banana?

i'm just glad I'm just glad I'm not the only one with some rolling fruit.

We seriously need to go ride together, two velos will bring traffic to the proverbial halt.

Quote from Mdicke on Oct 18th, 2015, 7:44pm:
Thàt's pretty cool!!   Hmmmm. How about "yellow bullet"   Grin. Sorry just had to go there.

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #620 - Nov 16th, 2015, 6:16pm

No kidding.  I'm starting to worry for the safety of the drivers within a quarter mile radius!  I'd very much like that.  I don't have the capability to transport the velo just yet, but you're welcome over to the west side anytime!

Quote from MrWizard on Nov 15th, 2015, 6:13pm:
Banana?

We seriously need to go ride together, two velos will bring traffic to the proverbial halt.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #621 - Nov 16th, 2015, 6:23pm

I can transport at least two of them in my van ( I've done it before )    If you wanted to attend the next RBM rbent ride I'm sure I could arrange something to get you there and back .       Meanwhile let me know what rides you're doing on the west side and I'll figure out how to show up to one.   I'm sure it would be a blast .   We should probably warn the 911 operators to expect calls thought  

Quote from aikigreg on Nov 16th, 2015, 6:16pm:
No kidding.  I'm starting to worry for the safety of the drivers within a quarter mile radius!  I'd very much like that.  I don't have the capability to transport the velo just yet, but you're welcome over to the west side anytime!

Banana?

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #622 - Nov 16th, 2015, 10:11pm

Cool!  I don't really do too many events.  The riding right outside my door is so good it's generally not worth paying to ride.  I just need a bit more time to adjust to the quest, and definitely need some help fixing the shifting.  No small ring for me at the moment.

Quote from MrWizard on Nov 16th, 2015, 6:23pm:
I can transport at least two of them in my van ( I've done it before )    If you wanted to attend the next RBM rbent ride I'm sure I could arrange something to get you there and back . Meanwhile let me know what rides you're doing on the west side and I'll figure out how to show up to one.   I'm sure it would be a blast .   We should probably warn the 911 operators to expect calls thought

Quote from aikigreg on Nov 16th, 2015, 6:16pm:

Banana?

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Mdicke

rbent member

Reply #623 - Mar 9th, 2016, 8:37pm

The right deal at the right time.  Been mulling this over for the last several months and shopping websites.  This nice little machine popped up Monday and now it is in my store room waiting for drier weather.  2014 Catrike 700 with the bags, Ventisit pad, Crispy Steve neck rest, eggbeater pedals (match my F5) and to make my wife happy it even had a flag.   Roll Eyes  I got it from a gentleman in Weatherford through BROL.

Did a couple of laps around the neighborhood and need to figure out how to keep from pedal steer (or rocking butt steer).  Come on Dry Weather.   Smiley

Rans F5
Catrike 700
Specialized Allez (DF)
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #624 - Mar 9th, 2016, 8:52pm

Was hoping it was still going to be available when I got back from Shreveport. But, you beat me to it. Knew it wasn't going to last very long at that bargain price. Congratulations!

Quote from Mdicke on Mar 9th, 2016, 8:37pm:
The right deal at the right time.  Been mulling this over for the last several months and shopping websites.  This nice little machine popped up Monday and now it is in my store room waiting for drier weather.  2014 Catrike 700 with the bags, Ventisit pad, Crispy Steve neck rest, eggbeater pedals (match my F5) and to make my wife happy it even had a flag.   Roll Eyes  I got it from a gentleman in Weatherford through BROL.

Did a couple of laps around the neighborhood and need to figure out how to keep from pedal steer (or rocking butt steer).  Come on Dry Weather.   Smiley

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag120/mdicke1154/20160309_173106_zpsgqso98qd .jpg

« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2016, 10:55pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #625 - Mar 10th, 2016, 2:32pm

Quote from Mdicke on Mar 9th, 2016, 8:37pm:
The right deal at the right time.  
Congratulations on the purchase!  As a Catrike addict, it's so much fun to see others getting their trikes, because I can relive the feeling it was to take delivery of my own.  Always looking for that first high!
Where pedal steer and "butt steer" are concerned, they are newbie issues because there are habits brought over from diamond frame days that don't translate well into the 'bent world, especially deeper into the trike dimension, and especially with Catrike space frames.  You can influence the steering by pushing left and right shoulders into the seat back.  You can even see this while off the trike, by just pushing down on the top of the seat back/chainstay/seat stay triangle.  You will find that as you gradually spin the pedals at higher rates, and as your stroke is more circular than "square" as they say in pro cycling, the annoying back and forth movement across the seat and across the lane will decrease.  And as long as we're talking about ways to balance the motor, one thing you might do to make yourself more aware of swaying your body, is to "bicycle" your legs while sitting on the floor.  Lift your back off the floor, and cross your wrists on your chest.  Pedal in the air, isolating the movement of your trunk from everything below your waist.  The better you can do this, the less you'll rock in the seat, and consequently you'll know part of the secret to zooming up hills.  Try it.  It'll only deepen your love of the trike.   kiss

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #626 - Mar 17th, 2016, 11:37am

Nice find!!!!    Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #627 - Apr 13th, 2016, 11:14am

A little late in my postings but we've been a bit busy of late with the move.

Anyway Vicky and I bought a new house for our bikes.

It's going to be a work in progress for awhile but at least the bikes are out of the dining room.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #628 - Apr 13th, 2016, 3:50pm

"Anyway Vicky and I bought a new house for our bikes. "

I believe every recumbent owner should have one of these.  Glad you finally surfaced again on R-Bent and maybe see you guys on a ride close to Paris.

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #629 - Apr 18th, 2016, 11:07am

That, and a Sprinter van like Doug Davis has....   Cheesy

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45