Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 23rd, 2024, 1:18am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214703 times)
rcko

rbent member

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #525 - Dec 19th, 2014, 7:08am

Good looking bikes.  Congrats!

IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #526 - Dec 19th, 2014, 7:38am

Here's mine!

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #527 - Dec 19th, 2014, 7:40am

Man, those are super nice looking bikes!  Gratz!

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #528 - Dec 19th, 2014, 10:02am

wow, those are great looking bikes... but is the metroplex big enough for two of them?????

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #529 - Dec 19th, 2014, 10:33am

One is in McKinney

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #530 - Dec 19th, 2014, 3:21pm

Quote from Phantom Rider on Dec 19th, 2014, 10:02am:
wow, those are great looking bikes... but is the metroplex big enough for two of them?????

Oh, the Metromess is plenty big enough for everyone to have an Encore if they want!  It is a sweet ride...

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #531 - Dec 23rd, 2014, 1:43pm

Bought the new larger, cushier headrest pad from ADEM, for the Xstream seat...

Weird, in that he suggests drilling two new holes in the steel support arm for slightly wider spacing, 1.15" apart -- I just drilled two new holes in the plastic support plate of the pad itself, to fit the old screws in the holes that are 1" apart.

The pad itself is a definite improvement.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #532 - Dec 23rd, 2014, 1:53pm

Taking advantage of a 25% off sale at Plano combined with a gift certificate, Terrie got me some new shooz for Xmas....  Replacing the 5-yr old ones with no heels remaining.   Shhh, I'm not supposed to know about them....    Cheesy

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #533 - Dec 26th, 2014, 10:17am

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Dec 23rd, 2014, 1:43pm:
Bought the new larger, cushier headrest pad from ADEM, for the Xstream seat...

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae256/pbrown8js/newpad.jpg

Weird, in that he suggests drilling two new holes in the steel support arm for slightly wider spacing, 1.15" apart -- I just drilled two new holes in the plastic support plate of the pad itself, to fit the old screws in the holes that are 1" apart.

The pad itself is a definite improvement.

Thanks Paul, Ive been wondering about the Pad size on this as it looks huge.  No helmet interference at all?  

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #534 - Jan 26th, 2015, 5:49am

Dinotte Quad Red rear light

I had had a 400R rear light from Dinotte for a few years, and the thing was bullet proof.  Loved it.  Well, time to get new batteries, only they stopped making the variety that fit my needs, the 2-cell units.  They continue, for the time being, to make the 4-cell batteries.  Neither do I like those, nor do I think they are long for this world, so I accepted their offer of trading in the 400R for their recommended Quad Red.  They say this one and their new 400Rs are 20% brighter than my present one..."Promise," they said.  Well, side by side, it is bright, but didn't seem to put out the same lumens as my "old school" 400R. "...because of the dispersion of the light."  One thing they say which I do see, however, is that the entire lighting industry is going to self-contained modules, battery and light engine in one package.  The IQ Premium headlights are also self-contained.  By the way, I feel I must run two of them to get what I was used to in the Big Bangs.  Funny.  

Not having to fiddle with the separate battery is a plus, it recharges with a simple USB cord, and it looks cleaner all by itself.  This light is still much better than the Planet Bike blinkie that was the major competition when the 400R first came out.      

« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2015, 5:57am by Action Lad »  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #535 - Jan 26th, 2015, 11:36am

And when your self contained battery craps out, you get to buy a whole new light!  Rather than just a replacement battery.... Smiley

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #536 - Jan 26th, 2015, 1:00pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Jan 26th, 2015, 11:36am:
And when your self contained battery craps out, you get to buy a whole new light!  Rather than just a replacement battery.... Smiley

Vicky, the Quad's battery can be replaced, but you have to send it to the factory to get same done. Replacement cost is not listed.  

Quote from Dinotte site:

"The Quad RED uses a military battery and we intentionally only use the middle range of the battery's capacity (ie never fully charging, and limiting discharge)  As a result the batteries inside the Quad RED have tremendous reliability, longevity and when your battery does need replacement, the QUAD red can be sent in for battery replacement and the cost will be similar to one of our external batteries.  This is not a "disposable light" once the battery dies, though we do everything we can to maximize battery life."  

Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #537 - Jan 27th, 2015, 8:41am

Assuming they don't stop supporting that battery too... I know, I'm just peeved at them for dropping the external batteries, 'cause you know they will drop the 4-cell eventually.  Guess I will either have to try a Batteries Plus rebuild, or see if the MagicShine batteries will fit.  I think they use the same connector.

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #538 - Jan 27th, 2015, 5:58pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Jan 27th, 2015, 8:41am:
Assuming they don't stop supporting that battery too... I know, I'm just peeved at them for dropping the external batteries, 'cause you know they will drop the 4-cell eventually.  Guess I will either have to try a Batteries Plus rebuild, or see if the MagicShine batteries will fit.  I think they use the same connector.

I like my retina-burning Dinotte 140R-AA tail light (People riding behind me don't like it, though. Cheesy). Cheap batteries will be available for it for the life of the LED.

Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #539 - Jan 27th, 2015, 10:59pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Jan 26th, 2015, 11:36am:

I bought their 300R back in December of 2011, it was their first tail light with an internal battery, still going strong over 3 years later.

The only issue I had/have with the 300R is it has a piece of soft plastic that plugs into the side USB port preventing dirt and water from getting in, it never stays plugged in. Looks like they have a better solution on the Quad.  

If I were looking to get another I wouldn't hesitate getting the Quad

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45
Send Topic Print