Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 16th, 2024, 8:43am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214502 times)
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #495 - Aug 20th, 2014, 8:03pm

Quote from Phantom Rider on Aug 12th, 2014, 9:26pm:
Late post.

Friday I made the journey to Austin and visited a very special place known as Easy Street Recumbents, should you make the journey I would encourage you to either leave your wallet at home or take someone with you who will say no.  

My journey was planned as I had ordered a CA2 and was transporting my P-38 to trade in.  The discussion with mike began as a trade for a musashi and somehow became a CA2.  This is my first Carbon bike and oh my what a smooth ride it is.  The CA2 is stock with the exception of the FSA SLK light carbon cranks I upgraded to.  I now have about 100 miles on it and the jury is out on the bars and grip shifters, this is my first experience with grip shifters.  I purchased it this way with the mindset that I would probably upgrade the drive train to 10 speed and bar ends pretty soon, the money was budgeted but I wasn't willing to commit up front because I wanted to ride it stock and if satisfied then I saved myself some money.  I fully expect to make the decision within the first 300 miles.

The bike is beautiful and I find myself in constant amazement of just how good it really looks.  The carbon is a very sweet ride and I look forward to many miles on it.  

Btw, my wife and daughter went with me and now daughter has picked out a blue villager and has moms blessing.  I now have to figure out how and when I'm going to get this one done.  Gotta sell the Rifle first, it will be posted in the next few days.

I've been experiencing issues with the drive train on the new CA2 for quite some time now.  Today I contacted Bacchetta to address the issue as I have spent several hours and dollars trying to resolve this.  Bacchetta tech supports tells me there are issues with the Sram X9 9 sp Rd and the cable path utilized in the new model, this really frustrated me thinking its a known issue and I received one.  After a few minutes of conversation I came to the conclusion it was time to do the upgrade and a price negotiated. I have a package in route that includes a new bar, new stem,  TT500 shifters, new cassette, new chain and a X0 type 2 10 sp RD.  I'm looking forward to the upgrades and my bike finally performing properly.  This is an awesome machine and has not performed well since I brought it home for more than 1 or 2 rides at a a time.  UPS shows delivery for Monday so hopefully before next weekend blue will be purring down the road.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #496 - Aug 21st, 2014, 7:21am

We have the TT900 shifters on the CA2 when one of the XO new shifters died at 40miles.  We then decided the SRAM Red RD was also toast (had been crashed before we bought it) and we got a new SRAM Rival RD 10spd med cage WiFli (it will shift a 32T rear cog).  Now DAve reports that the back end runs fine.  The front TT900 shifter won't shift the granny, but does fine on the middle/Large combo.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Denman

rbent member

Reply #497 - Aug 21st, 2014, 7:49pm

Bought a set of Conti GP's and a 26T Granny for the Catrike.  Had a set of Trykers on the front & a Big Apple on the back so it dropped about an inch.  Now its 3.85" from ground to Idler down from 5.35".

We have a few short rides that involve a few steep hills; GI went from 24 to 21 that helped.  Acceleration feels like a 700.  Better in a way.  Above 15 MPH it really comes alive.  Guessing the aero difference is much more then I expected.

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #498 - Aug 28th, 2014, 1:09pm

Quote from Phantom Rider on Aug 20th, 2014, 8:03pm:
Quote from Phantom Rider on Aug 12th, 2014, 9:26pm:
Late post.

Friday I made the journey to Austin and visited a very special place known as Easy Street Recumbents, should you make the journey I would encourage you to either leave your wallet at home or take someone with you who will say no.  

My journey was planned as I had ordered a CA2 and was transporting my P-38 to trade in.  The discussion with mike began as a trade for a musashi and somehow became a CA2.  This is my first Carbon bike and oh my what a smooth ride it is.  The CA2 is stock with the exception of the FSA SLK light carbon cranks I upgraded to.  I now have about 100 miles on it and the jury is out on the bars and grip shifters, this is my first experience with grip shifters.  I purchased it this way with the mindset that I would probably upgrade the drive train to 10 speed and bar ends pretty soon, the money was budgeted but I wasn't willing to commit up front because I wanted to ride it stock and if satisfied then I saved myself some money.  I fully expect to make the decision within the first 300 miles.

The bike is beautiful and I find myself in constant amazement of just how good it really looks.  The carbon is a very sweet ride and I look forward to many miles on it.  

Btw, my wife and daughter went with me and now daughter has picked out a blue villager and has moms blessing.  I now have to figure out how and when I'm going to get this one done.  Gotta sell the Rifle first, it will be posted in the next few days.

I've been experiencing issues with the drive train on the new CA2 for quite some time now.  Today I contacted Bacchetta to address the issue as I have spent several hours and dollars trying to resolve this.  Bacchetta tech supports tells me there are issues with the Sram X9 9 sp Rd and the cable path utilized in the new model, this really frustrated me thinking its a known issue and I received one.  After a few minutes of conversation I came to the conclusion it was time to do the upgrade and a price negotiated. I have a package in route that includes a new bar, new stem,  TT500 shifters, new cassette, new chain and a X0 type 2 10 sp RD.  I'm looking forward to the upgrades and my bike finally performing properly.  This is an awesome machine and has not performed well since I brought it home for more than 1 or 2 rides at a a time.  UPS shows delivery for Monday so hopefully before next weekend blue will be purring down the road.

Sweet - new parts have arrived and are installed, rode 32 miles last night on them. I truly appreciate the TT500's over the gripshifter and am pleased with this change.  RD need a little adjustment to get the cable right but its is a dramatic improvement over where I was with the X9.  

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #499 - Aug 30th, 2014, 10:06pm

After the 1.35" Durano blowout on the Seavo tandem, I bought a pair of 1.50" Schwalbe Marathons...  it'll slow us down a bit, but the ride will be a bit smoother, and will help prevent flat/blowout issues.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #500 - Aug 31st, 2014, 7:42am

Hey Paul, Dave talked with the folks at House of Tandems, and they suggested going to 1.75's on the Seavo, and recommended the Compass tire or the Ribmo I think, and said their customers who made the switch to the fatter tires reported a speed increase.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
rcko

rbent member

Reply #501 - Sep 7th, 2014, 6:53pm

Score some used SRAM force compact cranks. $100
Rings are basically new!  Had to use Wheel manufacturing adapters to run GXP BB on the bikes BB30  

So far all is good.  No issue. The adapters are working pretty good.

IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #502 - Sep 7th, 2014, 7:10pm

Hmm, WIBT?  Way to much stuff..  Something about fixing crashed bikes...

• New DF saddle
  • Brifter hoods
  • New bar tape
  • Small screw/cable bolt kit for SRAM derailleur
  • New gloves
  • Bulk pack of tegaderm non stick 4x4 bandages

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #503 - Sep 8th, 2014, 10:31am

Quote from dd5339 on Sep 7th, 2014, 7:10pm:
Hmm, WIBT?  Way to much stuff..  Something about fixing crashed bikes...

• Bulk pack of tegaderm non stick 4x4 bandages

• Semper Fi

Ok, I had to laugh at this one.  I was married to a Master's racer and I often thought we should have bought stock in Band-Aid. Hope you heal fast.

IP Logged
    LightningPilot

Reply #504 - Sep 8th, 2014, 6:50pm

We keep rolls of 4" vetwrap and boxes of large telfa pads on hand for Warren Smiley

Carolyn Trimble
    2001 Lightning P38
    2005 Lightning P38
    2000 Litespeed Ultimate
    1988 Hujsak Century
      IP Logged
    BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #505 - Sep 11th, 2014, 5:11pm

OK, so the chain tubes on my Catrike 700 are totally bugging me!  I can hear the chain sawing away at the tubes as I ride, and that HAS to be causing some performance degradation.  I really don't like how the chain is being routed through the bent tubes.  Apparently, Utah Trikes came up with a solution to completely do away with the chain tubes on Catrikes by utilizing the TerraCycle Return Idler and frame clamp in line with the stock power idler.  I had already installed the return idler on my Catrike 700 when it was built, so I just purchased the clamp today.  This is how it should look once I receive the parts:

Matt Bailey
    OWN: Optima High Baron
    SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
    Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
    JimFPU
    Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
    Virginia.  I miss
    Texas!

Reply #506 - Sep 11th, 2014, 5:31pm

Catrike  700.  Pickup Saturday.

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
    '12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
    WWW   IP Logged
    JimFPU
    Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
    Virginia.  I miss
    Texas!

Reply #507 - Sep 14th, 2014, 3:03pm

My new to me 700...

...is just awesome! Just got back from Memphis yesterday...long 15 hours, but fun time with my wife on the road. Had to do some minor adjustments, like shortening the boom length (Lee you must have an incredible X-Seam!) by like 4 inches to make it comfortable for me, and installing my pedals.

Have to say I took the same hill I regularly start my rides with out of my neighborhood, and hit 37.11 per the GPS. I could hit about 38 on my Speed (38.something once). Here's the one thing I noticed right off. I could have kept peddling the 700 all the way down the hill and probably would have hit over 40, and I still had gear left. On my Speed, I usually had to wait until I'm about half-way up the other side of the hill before peddling again so I'm not just spinning like a mad man! The 700 still had plenty of gear left. I won't be spinning out on this baby for a while, at least until I build up my legs for this fine machine! The other very noticeable thing was it was smoooooth. I guess that big 700 wheel really does make a difference!

And since it didn't happen with out pics....enjoy the whole pride! (The only cats I'm not allergic to Grin)

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
    '12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
    WWW   IP Logged
    FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
    '16 Rocket, '12 KHS
    Mocha

Reply #508 - Sep 15th, 2014, 3:51pm

The 1.5" Marathons roll very nicely on the Seavo, and definitely cushion up the ride a bit more than running with Duranos...  I like it.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
    days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
    Action Lad
    Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #509 - Oct 16th, 2014, 12:03am

Great looking photo, Jim!  I'm glad you're having so much fun on the trike it was obvious you had to get eventually.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
    T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
      IP Logged
    Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45
    Send Topic Print