Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:02am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for recumbent demo (Read 1649 times)
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Looking for recumbent demo
May 11th, 2011, 8:29pm

My dad is trying to figure out if he can ride a recumbent bike.  He has ridden my mountain bike but he has too much hand and shoulder pain.  I think my high racer and low racer will be too difficult for him to ride.   I was wondering if someone would be willing to let him borrow a recumbent that would be easy to ride (low bottom bracket, lwb, possibly a trike) to let him try out at WRL.  He would like to try one out for a few miles before he drops any money on this venture and would also like to try as many styles as possible.

He is in his late 60s w/ a 46 1/2 inch x-seam and weighs 260.  Of course you are welcome to join us and ride either my Corsa or low racer if you are willing to share.  Let me know - thanks!

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
goldentouch

rbent member

Re: Looking for recumbent demo
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2011, 9:24pm

Tony I can't make it to WRL but if you could bring him down to my house I have 5 recumbents he could try out. I live near Wills Point about 60 miles east of Dallas just off I-20.   My X-Seam is 47 1/2 and I weigh about the same or a little more.  I am in my 60's.  
I have a stratus XLL,   V-3,   V-Rex,  Sun Delta Trike and an Ice Sprint.  He can try one or all.

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - May 12th, 2011, 8:37am

awesome!  thanks!  is there generally a day or time that works well or doesn't work for you?  Just trying to get a preliminary idea of when we would have a good chance of hooking up.  We can work out the details later.

Email   IP Logged
goldentouch

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 12th, 2011, 12:27pm

I am free on most weekends either Saturday afternoon or all day Sunday.   My cell number is 214-882-2189  or my home number is 903-873-6964  I will be waiting to hear from you.

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - May 12th, 2011, 2:01pm

Quote from goldentouch on May 12th, 2011, 12:27pm:
I am free on most weekends either Saturday afternoon or all day Sunday.   My cell number is 214-882-2189  or my home number is 903-873-6964  I will be waiting to hear from you.  

sounds good - weekends work well for us too - I'll check w/ my dad and see when he is available.  Probably won't be this weekend but hopefully the next.

Email   IP Logged
goldentouch

rbent member

Reply #5 - May 12th, 2011, 4:21pm

That will work for me.  Saturday May 21 i will be at the Richardson Wildflower.  I will only have the ice trike with me but we can do it after the ride or the next day Sunday.

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #6 - May 12th, 2011, 5:16pm

I'd offer to let him try the Musashi, but my exseam is too short and it doesn't have an automatic chain adjuster.  In the words of my wise father, "It's too much trouble."  Wink

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - May 12th, 2011, 8:38pm

Quote from goldentouch on May 12th, 2011, 4:21pm:
That will work for me.  Saturday May 21 i will be at the Richardson Wildflower.  I will only have the ice trike with me but we can do it after the ride or the next day Sunday.

I'm doing the wild flower ride as well - planning to ride the 60 on my low racer since my mirror came in the mail today.  My parents live in North Garland.  If we are finished around the same time maybe he can come up there and meet us.  I was thinking of seeing if you were available that afternoon after the ride.  I think he needs to try the ice trike and the stratus - but i guess we will see what his opinion is   Wink

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #8 - May 16th, 2011, 2:42pm

Tony -
  He can test out Terrie's StratusXP -- it's an XL frame, so will fit...  give me a shout

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print