Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:40am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197336 times)
smurfy

rbent member

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #390 - Jan 13th, 2017, 10:21pm

Thanks for adding me to the forum, I'm a new bent rider and loving it!!!

Bacchetta Giro
Lightning Stealth

Just happy to be peddling!!!!😎
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #391 - Jan 14th, 2017, 9:10am

Quote from smurfy on Jan 13th, 2017, 10:21pm:
Thanks for adding me to the forum, I'm a new bent rider and loving it!!!

Welcome to the forum Smurfy, looks like you have two 2 wheelers that you spend time on and excellent choices I might add.  

Tell us a little about where you ride, how you ride and if there is anything in particular your looking for from this forum.  Lots of people on here with years of knowledge and experience to share.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jimsproul

rbent member

Greetings All
Reply #392 - Feb 8th, 2017, 4:09pm

Hi -

This is Jim Sproul from Coppell. I will be 64 in April, ready for that Beatles song I guess. I work in IT with no plan for retirement any time soon. Only 1 child of 5 still home. My wife Laura does not ride. I have hopes and a tandem in the garage but no luck yet.

At the moment I am training on a conventional bike for the Hotter'n Hell 100 in August, it will be my first 100 miler. I have ridden HHH 3 times before 100K and 50 mile. I am training with Mike "Bikin' Mike" Keel over in Plano.

Last fall I bought a Yellow Giro 20. I have been learning to ride it. I was shocked how different it is to ride a recumbent. This month I will begin to replace my morning walks with recumbent rides. I have not ruled out using the Giro at HHH depending on how training goes this spring.  

Riding the recumbent is a blast. To date I have not ventured more than 25 miles on a ride. My favorite ride on the conventional is White Rock Creek / Lake Trails. I get down there at least once most weekends, or will once my current training ends with Mike in March. I have seen (and stalked) the recumbent riders down by the lake looking for tips. Hope to meet some of you fine folks on the road.

Thanks

- jim  

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Greetings All
Reply #393 - Feb 8th, 2017, 6:53pm

Quote from jimsproul on Feb 8th, 2017, 4:09pm:
Hi -

This is Jim Sproul from Coppell. I will be 64 in April, ready for that Beatles song I guess. I work in IT with no plan for retirement any time soon. Only 1 child of 5 still home. My wife Laura does not ride. I have hopes and a tandem in the garage but no luck yet.

At the moment I am training on a conventional bike for the Hotter'n Hell 100 in August, it will be my first 100 miler. I have ridden HHH 3 times before 100K and 50 mile. I am training with Mike "Bikin' Mike" Keel over in Plano.

Last fall I bought a Yellow Giro 20. I have been learning to ride it. I was shocked how different it is to ride a recumbent. This month I will begin to replace my morning walks with recumbent rides. I have not ruled out using the Giro at HHH depending on how training goes this spring.  

Riding the recumbent is a blast. To date I have not ventured more than 25 miles on a ride. My favorite ride on the conventional is White Rock Creek / Lake Trails. I get down there at least once most weekends, or will once my current training ends with Mike in March. I have seen (and stalked) the recumbent riders down by the lake looking for tips. Hope to meet some of you fine folks on the road.

Thanks - jim

Welcome to the Forum, Jim. Come do the PBA/GDB East Side Ride sometime (Saturdays. Mix of recumbent and road bike riders). Also, you might want to consider doing the monthly RBM recumbent ride (First ride of the year will take place on March 25).  

Email   IP Logged
trikinoldman

rbent member

Reply #394 - Apr 10th, 2017, 8:22pm

Well, 76 years young and tryin to get younger on my tadpole. I've had it since 2005, but haven't ridden it in 3 years. Just redid the seat to make it easier to get on and off and a little more comfy. It's an ActionBent copy, sold by Ilovebent. It started out as a 20" fronts and a 26" rear, it now is 20" front and 700 rear, with a Bionix pedal assist. When I get it all set up again I'll post a pic. Any how glad to be here and  Smiley Howdy.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #395 - Apr 11th, 2017, 11:30pm

Quote from trikinoldman on Apr 10th, 2017, 8:22pm:
Well, 76 years young and tryin to get younger on my tadpole. I've had it since 2005, but haven't ridden it in 3 years. Just redid the seat to make it easier to get on and off and a little more comfy. It's an ActionBent copy, sold by Ilovebent. It started out as a 20" fronts and a 26" rear, it now is 20" front and 700 rear, with a Bionix pedal assist. When I get it all set up again I'll post a pic. Any how glad to be here and  Smiley Howdy.
Welcome, trikinoldman!

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
brrit

rbent member

Reply #396 - Jul 15th, 2018, 6:20am

New recumbent owner here. Just purchased a new Catrike Expedition from Easy Street in Keller from Micah.

I live near White Rock Lake and look forward to taking my new trike for a few laps around the lake soon.

2018 Catrike Expedition
Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #397 - Jul 15th, 2018, 12:31pm

That wasn't you on the orange trike this morning? If you see a Schwinn it'll be me.

Email   IP Logged
brrit

rbent member

Reply #398 - Jul 15th, 2018, 6:57pm

JohnnyBent - That was not me this morning at the lake, but I'll be on the lookout for you in the future. I pick up my trike later this week and then I'll be out at the lake.

2018 Catrike Expedition
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #399 - Jul 15th, 2018, 8:16pm

Quote from brrit on Jul 15th, 2018, 6:57pm:
JohnnyBent - That was not me this morning at the lake, but I'll be on the lookout for you in the future. I pick up my trike later this week and then I'll be out at the lake.

You need to ride that trike down the red carpet trail when you pick it up... mike and Micah are real proud of the addition to the Keller trail system.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #400 - Jul 15th, 2018, 8:43pm

Quote from brrit on Jul 15th, 2018, 6:20am:
New recumbent owner here. Just purchased a new Catrike Expedition from Easy Street in Keller from Micah.

I live near White Rock Lake and look forward to taking my new trike for a few laps around the lake soon.
What color is the trike?  What do you look like so we'll recognize you when we see you.  Do you have typical colors you ride in?  

IP Logged
brrit

rbent member

Reply #401 - Jul 16th, 2018, 9:12am

Phantom - I test rode it a few times on the "red carpet". I really appreciated being able to take it on a longer test ride as well. Circling RBM's parking lot didn't offer as good of a test ride as Micah's setup.

Action Lad - the trike is red. I bought an Easy Street flag and wear a white helmet. Can't think of any other distinguishing qualities to the trike. Typically, I'm usually exercising around 9-10am in the morning around the lake. I've been running the lake and riding my DF bike for years. During that time, I've watched several trikes pass me by with envy. I'm looking forward to joining in the fun.

2018 Catrike Expedition
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #402 - Jul 16th, 2018, 2:15pm

Quote from brrit on Jul 16th, 2018, 9:12am:
Phantom - I test rode it a few times on the "red carpet". I really appreciated being able to take it on a longer test ride as well. Circling RBM's parking lot didn't offer as good of a test ride as Micah's setup.

Action Lad - the trike is red. I bought an Easy Street flag and wear a white helmet. Can't think of any other distinguishing qualities to the trike. Typically, I'm usually exercising around 9-10am in the morning around the lake. I've been running the lake and riding my DF bike for years. During that time, I've watched several trikes pass me by with envy. I'm looking forward to joining in the fun.
Oh, okay, so you've been there at the lake and you've seen the Clowns there.  Popularity of trikes is rising, so you may see some folks on bent bikes and trikes who aren't part of rbent, but most are.  Me, I tend not to ride with a helmet.  I use a purple and yellow do rag, (no, not an LSU Tiger...eww! Those are just my riding colors.  I am a Minute Man from UMass/Amherst, MA.  I ride a purple Catrike 700. I am African American.

IP Logged
brrit

rbent member

Reply #403 - Jul 16th, 2018, 6:36pm

Clowns?

2018 Catrike Expedition
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #404 - Jul 16th, 2018, 8:51pm

Quote from brrit on Jul 16th, 2018, 6:36pm:
Clowns?
Right.  The Clowns is the name of the group of rbent cyclists who regularly ride around White Rock Lake.  Funny how they ended up with the name, Clowns, and their "circus" is the circuit they run around the lake.  I even call my slow, warm-up first lap my "parade lap."  Being with Clowns is as fun as you remember as a kid...perhaps better!  Join us!  We start with breakfast, if you'd like, during the summer months at 8 a.m. at Barbec's, just off the lake, then join those who haven't eaten at the restaurant at Sunset Bay.  Most tend to leave 8:45-9 a.m.  Not really a strict time, but what do you expect?  We're Clowns!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 
Send Topic Print