Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:20am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 195637 times)
LordMarv

rbent member

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #330 - Oct 19th, 2014, 8:29pm

Thanks aikigreg.  Someday we're thinking to take a long road trip down through Texas to see the gulf coast, and will definately time it to coincide with one of your Texas rallies, for sure.

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #331 - Oct 21st, 2014, 10:00am

Welcome aboard - an EZ-1 was my first recumbent, as well, back in '05...  it was a bit heavy, but then again, so was I!!!

Enjoy the heads-up view....

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
LordMarv

rbent member

Reply #332 - Oct 21st, 2014, 10:26am

Thanks for the welcome Flying!  That's exactly the year of this ez-1, a blue 2005. I was really lucky, not a scratch on it, looks like it was ridden once and then garaged.  I saw an older photo post from one of the Rbent members, it was a silver aluminum ez-1 he was selling back then, beautiful cool looking bike.

Email   IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #333 - Oct 22nd, 2014, 7:08am

Lord Marv, the welcome mat is always out for you at the HOT. We have people come from all over the country for the fun three day recumbent fest!  

www.heartoftexasrecumbentrally.wordpress.com

Enjoy your bent bike when it comes. Be prepared to be stopped frequently and asked questions about it! Smiley

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #334 - Oct 22nd, 2014, 7:39pm

Welcome to all of our newbies, I love seeing this site grow.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #335 - Oct 22nd, 2014, 7:41pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Oct 22nd, 2014, 5:39pm:
Hi everyone. I too am new to this forum. I don't live in Texas, but my daughter and family live in Argyle, TX. I have spent more time there this year than my home in Missouri. Probably will be moving down that way in the next year or two. My wife and I will be coming down the 26th of this month and I am hoping to get to ride with the clowns on Thrusday the 30th. Maybe I'll get to meet and ride with more of you fine folks at another time!

Thanks for allowing me to join your forum.
Jerry

P.S. My ride as of August 31, 2014 is a Rans V2. I have left the dark side of DF's. Smiley

Great riding in argyle, I used to do a 20-30 mile loop there two evenings a week after work. GPS files available for the asking.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #336 - Oct 23rd, 2014, 8:10am

Thanks for the offer phantom rider. I might take you up on the offer at a later date. I can't recall off hand all the road and street names, but I usually take Country Club Rd. to 377 and loop back on Brush Creek, over Hilltop rd. down into the valley to Old Alton Rd. and back. I tried Crawford Rd. a couple of times...way too much traffic and crazy in a rush people! I want to try E. Hickory Rd. to Cooper Canyon Rd. to 2181 to Hickory Rd back to Country Club Rd. I rode 2181 to Lillian Miller Pkwy once...that was enogh of that! Smiley And it wasn't even rush hour.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #337 - Oct 23rd, 2014, 12:18pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Oct 23rd, 2014, 8:10am:
Thanks for the offer phantom rider. I might take you up on the offer at a later date. I can't recall off hand all the road and street names, but I usually take Country Club Rd. to 377 and loop back on Brush Creek, over Hilltop rd. down into the valley to Old Alton Rd. and back. I tried Crawford Rd. a couple of times...way too much traffic and crazy in a rush people! I want to try E. Hickory Rd. to Cooper Canyon Rd. to 2181 to Hickory Rd back to Country Club Rd. I rode 2181 to Lillian Miller Pkwy once...that was enogh of that! Smiley And it wasn't even rush hour.

Your on the right track, there are several routes on Strava and ridewithgps that will loop you around some other areas there.  I always start at country club and 377, going west is nice after you cross 35 and you can venture into lots of good roads with minimal traffic out there.  I typically go west and loop back across 377 ridng a variety of roads in argyle and copper canyon.  Pm me next time your here and maybe we can ride it together.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
Email   IP Logged
rowenusmc

rbent member

Reply #338 - Nov 5th, 2014, 6:50pm

Rod Owen, Huntsville AL.  Switching over to bents from Triathlons and Marathons.  Two Iron Distance Finishes, several lesser Triathlons, around 30 marathons and some ultras.  Retired from the Marine Corps in 1996 and now support the Army.  Gastric bypass in December of 2009.
Already did a couple of 24 hour bike races and a 12 hour race.  First 24 hour was at Sebring this year on a DF.  It hurt!  Bought a Corsa the next month.  Did MidAtlantic 24 hour on the Corsa then went out to the Texas Time Trials this year for the 12 hour.
Finished my 2nd and last Iron Distance Race last weekend and now selling everything I have to do with DF bikes.  Will always ride reclined from here on out.
Do about 80% of my training on a computrainer and the remainder is usually out on Redstone Arsenal where it is abandoned on the weekends and therefore pretty safe.  The roads of the surrounding area here in North Alabama are some of the least safe roads to ride in the whole country.  Alabama ranks 50th in bicycle safety.
Corsa 700c
RANS Xstream
Sun Sport CX

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2014, 5:32am by rowenusmc »  
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #339 - Nov 6th, 2014, 5:33am

Quote from rowenusmc on Nov 5th, 2014, 6:50pm:
Rod Owen, Huntsville AL.  Switching over to bents from Triathlons and Marathons.  Two Iron Distance Finishes, several lesser Triathlons, around 30 marathons and some ultras.  Retired from the Marine Corps in 1996 and now support the Army.  Gastric bypass in December of 2009.
Already did a couple of 24 hour bike races and a 12 hour race.  First 24 hour was at Sebring this year on a DF.  It hurt!  Bought a Corsa the next month.  Did MidAtlantic 24 hour on the Corsa then went out to the Texas Time Trials this year for the 12 hour.
Finished my 2nd and last Iron Distance Race last weekend and now selling everything I have to do with DF bikes.  Will always ride reclined from here on out.
Do about 80% of my training on a computrainer and the remainder is usually out on Redstone Arsenal where it is abandoned on the weekends and therefore pretty safe.  The roads of the surrounding area here in North Alabama are some of the least safe roads to ride in the whole country.  Alabama ranks 50th in bicycle safety.
Corsa 700c
RANS Xstream
Sun Sport CX

Welcome to the life, rowenusmc.  Many happy, pain-free miles to you! Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #340 - Nov 6th, 2014, 9:16am

Rowen,

Welcome aboard Marine!

Former 0351 myself.  Have to meet up one of these days, have in-laws over in Huntsville.  Would love to talk ultra distance stuff.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #341 - Nov 6th, 2014, 9:22am

He means sister in law... Smiley  Yes my b.i.l. was a JAG Col there at RSA until retirement.  Note he's a civilian consultant/contractor at RSA, or something.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #342 - Nov 7th, 2014, 4:25pm

Welcome, Ron!  Vaguely remember seeing you at TTTT; I was at the timing table.  I took note of all the recumbents.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #343 - Nov 13th, 2014, 2:45pm

Greetings, fellow XStream rider!!!

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #344 - Nov 19th, 2014, 9:02pm

I'm back. I have been dealing with some issues including a stolen bike Smiley that I replaced with a locally built cargo bike and then promptly had a minor lump on the back of my neck grow like crazy until I can't ride anything that doesn't let me sit upright and I can't even get my helmet on because the lump won't let the back of the helmet go all the way down. Still trying to get clearance from my Obamacare insurer to get the lump removed so I can ride.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28
Send Topic Print