Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:40am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 195660 times)
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #315 - Aug 29th, 2014, 11:28pm

Welcome, Denise!
I have been riding a Catrike 700 for six years.  It's absolutely the HPV of my dreams.  
Welcome to the life!   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jabens

rbent member

Reply #316 - Sep 6th, 2014, 11:44pm

Hey everyone!  I'm new to trikes and love riding. I'm an above knee amputee and glad I found an exercise that strengthens the muscles I need for walking. Developing my recumbent legs and looking forward to group rides when I'm in shape.

Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #317 - Sep 8th, 2014, 7:13am

Welcome, jabens!  Nice trike!

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Sspoonless

Catrike Expedition
& Terratrike
Tour 2

Reply #318 - Sep 8th, 2014, 7:27pm

Hi I'm Mike and this is my son Seth. We ride out of Cedar Hill on day trips, camping trips, and an occassional rally.  

Sspoonless
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #319 - Sep 8th, 2014, 7:34pm

Welcome Sspoon and Son!  Nice trikes too.

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #320 - Sep 10th, 2014, 4:46pm

Hiya, Mike!!!   Myself and Daniel (SquareCorners, here) met you on Sunday afternoon.....

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #321 - Sep 10th, 2014, 6:24pm

Welcome jabens and Sspoonless.  Clowns are always open for guests.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Dennis

rbent member

Reply #322 - Sep 27th, 2014, 7:07pm

Hello I'm new here,   well unless you count the time I was on rbent when it was just a mailing list instead of a forum.

If you've seen me it would have been on my Vision-R54:

And likely with a flag such as:

on the end of that flag pole.

That bike has been with me since July 2000,  and I was likely more active in rbent back then.   Under that Bike Texas fake license plate there is a yellow RBENT placard that I gave up on trying to move to somewhere more visible as the pins holding it to the bag had rusted greatly.

IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #323 - Sep 27th, 2014, 11:43pm

Quote from Dennis on Sep 27th, 2014, 7:07pm:
Hello I'm new here,   well unless you count the time I was on rbent when it was just a mailing list instead of a forum.

If you've seen me it would have been on my Vision-R54:
http://i.imgur.com/trR0q9v.jpg

And likely with a flag such as:
http://i.imgur.com/BcBgDNo.jpg

on the end of that flag pole.

That bike has been with me since July 2000,  and I was likely more active in rbent back then.   Under that Bike Texas fake license plate there is a yellow RBENT placard that I gave up on trying to move to somewhere more visible as the pins holding it to the bag had rusted greatly.

Welcome *back* Dennis!

IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #324 - Sep 28th, 2014, 5:27pm

Indeed, welcome back, Dennis.  And get that thing fixed!  The good used bikes here have mostly been snapped up!

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
LordMarv

rbent member

Reply #325 - Oct 16th, 2014, 12:57am

Hello!  I've been reading this forum for some time, and the folks on here are great!  I've really enjoyed this forum, wanted to join but hesitated...because I don't live in North Texas, I'm a tad farther north, I'm up in Billings, Montana.  And I've actually never been down to your fine state, altho I've seen the H.O.T. videos and other videos of rides in texas, that would be great to attend some day.  But see, we don't have any recumbent bike shops, or clubs in the state, and recumbent riders are few and far between here (I personally don't know any and have never seen a recumbent of any type in my town), so I thought I'd say howdy to you fine folks.  
So I hope you don't mind an out-of-stater joining.
  I'm 53, my wife and I have 2 great boys, both special needs kids.  I've been bike commuting to work a couple of years now, and have been thinking about recumbents a long time for my commute.  I've just gotten a Sun EZ-1 in excellent condition from Recycled Recumbents, and will soon be riding that around town.  I know these make great little city commuter bikes, and alot of folks have started out on one, so I'm pretty stoked to try riding it.
  It's great to read all of the earlier introductions and see pics of you folks.  This is a great forum.

LordMarv
Billings, Mt

« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2014, 1:27am by LordMarv »  
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #326 - Oct 16th, 2014, 7:24am

Welcome back, Dennis!  Welcome to RBENT LordMarv!

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #327 - Oct 16th, 2014, 7:25pm

Quote from LordMarv on Oct 16th, 2014, 12:57am:
Hello!  I've been reading this forum for some time, and the folks on here are great!  I've really enjoyed this forum, wanted to join but hesitated...because I don't live in North Texas, I'm a tad farther north, I'm up in Billings, Montana.  And I've actually never been down to your fine state, altho I've seen the H.O.T. videos and other videos of rides in texas, that would be great to attend some day.  But see, we don't have any recumbent bike shops, or clubs in the state, and recumbent riders are few and far between here (I personally don't know any and have never seen a recumbent of any type in my town), so I thought I'd say howdy to you fine folks.  
So I hope you don't mind an out-of-stater joining.
 I'm 53, my wife and I have 2 great boys, both special needs kids.  I've been bike commuting to work a couple of years now, and have been thinking about recumbents a long time for my commute.  I've just gotten a Sun EZ-1 in excellent condition from Recycled Recumbents, and will soon be riding that around town.  I know these make great little city commuter bikes, and alot of folks have started out on one, so I'm pretty stoked to try riding it.
 It's great to read all of the earlier introductions and see pics of you folks.  This is a great forum.

LordMarv
Billings, Mt

Welcome, LordMarv.  Just to let you know, you have a friend in NTX, (North Texas).  My dream locale to live is Kalispell, MT.  I've never been, but I am strangely drawn there.  I'm originally from Massachusetts, and I love the four distinct seasons of the northern climes.  Just the thought of a log home high enough in elevation to see the storms rolling in...
Okay, I'm back.  No problem you are a little farther away.  Since you'll be riding recumbent, you'll never have to get off all the way down here!  See you this weekend?
Seriously, welcome to the group, and many happy miles to you.      

IP Logged
LordMarv

rbent member

Reply #328 - Oct 16th, 2014, 11:21pm

Thank You Dennis and Action Lad!  Kalispell, Mt is a beautiful place, that is true, alot of folks go there to retire in the mountains.  I live in the south central area which is dry, dry, dry, rolling hills and such, and hot as snot in the summer...lol.  We do have some pretty nice mountains about sixty miles southwest of us, there is the Beartooth Pass, which alot of motorcyclists and a few road cyclists will ride up each summer, on the way to Yelllowstone.  What we find pretty funny here is that tourists will pay big money to have themselves and their bikes transported to the top of the pass....and then they coast the 15 miles or so down the switchbacks...and have a big party once they reach the bottom. (Actually that does sound like fun...lol)

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #329 - Oct 19th, 2014, 6:24pm

Awesome that you're here.  Who knows when you might meet up with one of us sometime.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28
Send Topic Print