Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 20th, 2024, 1:44am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Upcoming Rides Posting (Read 3766 times)
Bud_Bent

Upcoming Rides Posting
May 15th, 2008, 6:33pm

I always wonder why the old forums have so many of these ridiculous looking sticky posts. I guess I'm learning why now...

The Upcoming Rides forum is the place to post information on any upcoming ride which you think might interest other rbent members. It doesn't matter if it's a pay ride, a club ride, or just a ride you are going to do by yourself, where you wouldn't mind company joining you.

Please include in the first line or two of a new topic, the time and date of the ride. The rest of us are much more likely to join you if we know when the ride is, without having to go do research, or read the rest of the posts in the topic. Later, when we forget the date of the ride, being able to come back to the topic and find the time and date in the first post is a great help. Besides, moderators have been known to bite the heads off posters who left out this information (sorry, Joe). One exception to this is randonneuring rides. Because membership is required for most randonneuring rides, the protocol has become to post rides without the starting time, so potential riders must contact the ride leader, who will verify membership before sharing the start time.

Also, if the ride has a website, posting a link to it would be nice. However, if you don't know how to do that, don't let that stop you from posting a ride.

« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2009, 12:05pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print